1. Landry Jones — Oklahoma at Kansas. Jones completed 31 of 50 passes for 367 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 55-17 win over Texas. Oklahoma is averaging 45 points per game and Jones is on pace for 492 passing attempts, 4,353 yards, and 36 touchdowns...the Jayhawks rank ninth in the Big 12 against the pass and 120th nationally in points allowed.
2. Matt Barkley — USC vs. California. Barkley is averaging 320 yards per game and coming off 468 yards and five touchdowns on Arizona in Week 5. The Trojans use a pass-balanced west coast offense with a 54:46 Pass-to-Run ratio that ranks fifth in the Pac 12 in total offense. The Barkley-to-Woods connection has produced 747 yards and six touchdowns over six games this season...California is coming off a team-worst 569 yards to Oregon in Week 6 and has struggled with PAC 12 opponents this season.
3. Robert Griffin — Baylor at Texas A&M. Griffin rushed 24 times for 107 yards while completing 22 of 30 passing for 212 yards and two touchdowns. The performance would not have been noteworthy if it not for his contributions in the running game...Texas A&M is coming off two straight losses of 40-plus points while Baylor ranks second in the Big 12 in total offense with 564 yards per game.
4. Kellen Moore — Boise State at Colorado State. Moore was named offensive player of the week after going 23 of 31 for 254 yards and three touchdowns in two quarters of action....Colorado State ranks 56th in the nation in points against and allows an average of 341 yards per game... Boise State ranks 13th nationally in points scored and 21st in passing offense.
5. Collin Klein — Kansas State at Texas Tech. Klein managed three touchdowns in Week 6 despite going just 11 of 16 passing for 103 yards. Through the first six weeks, he leads all quarterbacks in rushing attempts and only four (Robinson, Martinez, Steelman, Proctor) have more yards...Texas Tech ranks last among all Big 12 run defenses.
Mid-to-Low End Options
Bryant Moniz — Hawaii at San Jose State.
Chandler Harnish — Northern Illinois vs. Western Michigan.
Denard Robinson — Michigan at Michigan State
Seth Doege— Texas Tech vs. Kansas State
Andrew Luck — Stanford at Washington
Brandon Weeden — Oklahoma State at Texas
James Franklin — Missouri vs. Iowa State
Darron Thomas — Oregon vs. Arizona State
Russell Wilson — Wisconsin vs. Indiana
Tyler Tettleton — Ohio vs. Ball State