1. Bernard Pierce — Temple vs. Buffalo. After being injured for a good portion of 2010, Pierce is one of the top running back prospects in college football where he currently leads the nation in rushing touchdowns and ranks first in the MAC with 692 rushing yards. Junior RB Matt Brown has been phased out of the offense and Temple is among the most run-heavy teams in the NCAA...Buffalo ranks in the bottom third defensively in yards (397.3), points against (27.5), and turnovers.
2. Giovani Bernard — North Carolina vs. Miami. Bernard is making his case for ACC freshman of the year, rushing for 657 yards and 6.4 yards per carry over UNC’s first six games. His consecutive 100-yard rushing streak (five games) is the most by a redshirt freshman since Ethan Horton in 1984. Bernard's first quarter game log includes 102 yards in the a win over Virginia, 155 in a loss at Georgia Tech (Week 4) and 146 a week ago in UNC’s 35-20 victory at East Carolina.
3. Robert Turbin — Utah State at Fresno State. Turbin continued his comeback player of the year tour by rushing for 109 yards and two touchdowns on 21 touches against Wyoming in Week 6...the game would mark his fourth-consecutive 100-plus yard rushing effort and place him fourth on Utah State’s all-time leaderboard in career scoring...Turbin leads all WAC rushers in yards per carry (118.4) and touchdowns (10).
4. Bobby Rainey — Western Kentucky vs. Florida Atlantic. Rainey posted his ninth 100-yard rushing performance in his last 10 games in Western Kentucky’s 36-33 win over Middle Tennessee last Thursday and leads the Sun Belt Conference with 114.6 yards per game...his 767 yards from scrimmage (573 rushing, 194 receiving) represent 48.5 percent of the Hilltoppers total offense...FAU yields an average of 352 total yards and ranks 114th in the nation in points against.
5. Orleans Darkwa — Tulane vs. Texas El Paso. Darkwa was highly ranked coming into the season but had yet to live up to expectations until recently — recording 56 percent of his current rushing total (338) in matchups against Army and Syracuse. Darkwa appears to be back on track and has another favorable matchup this week against UTEP, who yields an average of 200 rushing yards per game... Tulane is fifth in the Conference USA with 198 rushing attempts and 67th overall in total points for.
Mid-to-Low End Options
Montee Ball — Wisconsin vs. Indiana
Lamar Miller — Miami at North Carolina
Trent Richardson — Alabama at Ole Miss
Dominique Whaley — Oklahoma at Kansas
Marcus Lattimore — South Carolina at Mississippi State
Ray Graham — Pittsburgh vs. Utah
David Wilson — Virginia Tech at Wake Forest
Doug Martin — Boise State at Colorado State
Zach Line — SMU vs. Central Florida
Henry Josey — Missouri vs. Iowa State
De’Anthony Thomas — Oregon vs. Arizona State
Cyrus Gray — Texas A&M vs. Baylor
Ronnie Hilman — San Diego State at Air Force
Marcus Coker — Iowa vs. Northwestern
Michael Dyer — Auburn vs. Florida
Joseph Randle — Oklahoma State at Texas
Lance Dunbar — North Texas at Louisiana-Lafayette.
Terrence Ganaway — Baylor at Texas A&M
Chris Rainey — Florida at Auburn
Andre Ellington — Clemson at Maryland