Editor's Note: Rotoworld's partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $8,000 Fantasy College Football league for early games this Saturday. It's $10 to join and first prize is $1,500. Starts Saturday at 12pm ET. Here's the link.
Arizona State vs Notre Dame, 7:30 pm EST, NBC
Can the Irish handle tempo?
- Notre Dame has struggled against tempo this season, and that won’t get easier against the Sun Devils.
- I have talked about Arizona State’s Will Sutton and how some are sour on his play, but I have actually been more disappointed in Louis Nix. I saw flashes of Vince Wilfork in Nix’s game prior to the season and considered him a potential top 10 pick. He could still go there, but he’s not beating 1 on 1 matchups.
- Keep an eye on Arizona State junior WR Jaelen Strong, a junior college transfer, who is lighting it up this season. Strong isn’t afraid to absorb and deliver contact in his routes, winning from the slot and out wide. He’s an emerging talent.
Georgia Tech vs Miami, 3:30 pm EST, ESPNU
Will Morris and Henderson show consistency?
- The Hurricanes have two excellent prospects in QB Stephen Morris and RT Seantrel Henderson, but both need to show more consistency.
- Morris is dealing with an ankle injury. He’s best and displaying athletic footwork in the pocket then firing downfield on vertical shots. Might be the best in that category in CFB, but then there are poor decisions and forced throws.
- Henderson’s effort has been questioned throughout his career, but few deliver the combination of athleticism and power he does.
- He should see time against athletic pass rusher Jeremiah Attaochu, who is really thriving in a two point stance on the edge, displaying great burst in his first few steps.
Ohio State vs Northwestern, 8:00 pm, ABC
Will Miller continue to show QB skills, or will Guiton see some snaps?
- After missing two games with a knee injury, Buckeyes QB Braxton Miller looked better than ever against Wisconsin. Everything was there, including accuracy, vertical touch, and running ability.
- Urban Meyer did not stick to his word after saying senior Kenny Guiton would see playing time even with Miller returning. It will be interesting to see how they utilize the two passers, especially if Miller shows moments of struggling.
- Northwestern is a sneaky team. Very well coached and have intriguing NFL talents, with offensive weapon Kain Colter and the return of RB Venric Mark.
1. Oregon QB Marcus Mariota
2. Clemson QB Tajh Boyd
3. Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel
4. Georgia QB Aaron Murray
5. Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater