Editor's Note: Rotoworld's partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy College Football league for late Saturday games this week. It's just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Saturday at 6pm ET. Here's the link.
Oklahoma vs Texas, Noon EST on ABC
- Blake Bell has actually done a good job of playing within himself, not throwing an interception since taking over as the starter
- Senior WR Jalen Saunders has recorded a season high in receptions the last two weeks, and that needs to continue through designed packages.
- We all know Mack Brown is out after this season, and both sides of the ball have been average at best, but the Longhorns do have an edge rusher in Jackson Jeffcoat. Their talent just is not what it used to be.
Florida vs LSU, 3:30 EST on CBS
- We have talked a lot about LSU QB Zach Mettenberger’s development and Florida possessing the best defensive line in the country, but the best matchup might LSU’s receivers going against the Gator secondary.
- Juniors Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Jr. are studs for LSU and project extremely well to the NFL. I love separation, but winning at the catch point in contested situations might be more important. Landry and Beckham have strong hands, large frames, and work back to the QB. They are true vertical threats.
- Florida’s corners aren’t slouches either, specifically junior Loucheiz Purifoy and Marcus Roberson. The best of the bunch might be true freshman Vernon Hargreaves III. He is already an impact player and could be the best corner in the country sooner than later.
Oregon vs Washington, 4:00 EST on FS1
- Washington’s Keith Price has flashed back to his 2011 form that impressed evaluators. It helps to have a runner in Bishop Sankey, who displays great balance and patience to work behind blockers. He’s No. 4 in the country in rushing yards.
- On the other side of the ball, Marcus Mariota keeps improving. Rotoworld Draft contributor Ross Fulton nailed this breakdown of Mariota’s fit in Oregon’s passing offense. He might not be that far behind Teddy Bridgewater, if at all.
- He is down a very versatile tight end in Colt Lyerla. The junior left the program, likely due to not getting along with coach Mark Helfrich.
- Look for sophomore Pharoah Brown to step up in his place. Also, offensive weapon De’Anthony Thomas should be back for this contest.
- I’m also a big fan of junior C Hroniss Grassu and senior WR Josh Huff. Washington Huskies S Sean Parker is another talented prospect, and WR Kasen Williams doesn’t get enough attention.