Thursday Night Preview 11/7Thursday, November 07, 2013
Editor's Note: Rotoworld's partner FanDuel is hosting a $3,000 Fantasy College Football league for late Saturday games this week. It's just $10 to join and first prize is $600. Starts Saturday at 7pm ET. Here's the link.
Baylor vs Oklahoma, 7:30 on FS1
What makes this Baylor team different than the high powered offenses in years past?
- The addition of a running game and defense. Lache Seastrunk is a dynamic back, taking short handoffs for long gains. He has great speed and improved vision.
- Baylor’s defense is also extremely impressive. We talked about Shawn oakman last week and how dominant he can be on the defensive line. A future first-round pick in my mind. But safety ahmad Dixon is another talented prospect who will fill the hybrid linebacker/safety role in the NFL.
- Add on a passing offense that scores early and often, and Baylor is an extremely tough matchup.
Oregon vs Stanford, 9:00 on ESPN
Oregon blew out their first test in UCLA, what does Stanford present that could trip up the Ducks?
- Stanford’s defense is very technically sound, which is necessary against the fast paced Oregon offense.
- I expect Stanford to utilize plenty of A-gap blitzes, meaning between the center and the guard. Interior disruption screws everything up and is more important than an edge rush against a QB that steps up in the pocket.
- As good as Marcus Mariota has been this season, his third and fourth down conversions in the air have left something to be desired. With all that said, I still expect Oregon to win.