Editor's Note: Rotoworld's partner FanDuel is hosting a $7,500 Fantasy College Football league for late Saturday games this week. It's just $25 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts Saturday at 7pm ET. Here's the link.
BYU vs Notre Dame, 3:30 on NBC
- Two 7-3 teams.
- Real matchup to watch is between linebacker Kyle Van Noy of BYU and Notre Dame LT Zack Martin.
- Van Noy is frequently ranked inside the top 30 among prospects, and while I don’t see him quite at that level that does not mean he isn’t impressive
- Van Noy’s best skill is his versatility. He usually lines up as a stand up rusher next to three down lineman. He doesn’t display a lot of bend, but Van Noy has a great motor and active hands. He’s extremely aggressive crashing down from the backside.
- Martin plays with a really wide base and loves to shuffle to mirror (stay with) edge rushers. His future might be at guard, but he’s a second day type.
Texas A&M vs LSU, 3:30 on CBS
- I love this game, and even though much of the focus will be on the quarterbacks, I’m excited for the WRs.
- This group of three, Texas A&M’s Mike Evans and LSU’s Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Jr. are three of the best at going up and getting it at the catch point. I expect all three to declare.
- Obviously the QBs are important pieces and there might not be QBs who trust their WRs more in contested situations than Manziel and Mettenberger. It is a skill that is becoming very popular at the NFL level.
Baylor vs Oklahoma State, 8:00 on ABC
- I’ve got to give another shoutout to my guy Shawn Oakman. He’s still not getting enough attention.
- Bryce Petty has really picked up momentum. His placement to every level of the field is really impressive.
- The real matchup is on the outside. Baylor WR Antwan Goodley is stouter than most receivers but is a ridiculous athlete. He does not mind getting physical with corners, which plays right into Oklahoma State’s more aggressive approach. Justin Gilbert could be a first rounder and has returned to his 2011 form.