Keeping the draft in mind, I wanted to post these rankings, even without full explanations for each prospect, before any more time passed. I will be adding evaluations each day, so continue to check back for updates.
With comparisons, note that a player listed does not mean a complete mirror image. It could be referring to certain traits, roles, or progression in relation to a specific point in a career.
61. CB Phillip Gaines, Rice
62. OL Billy Turner, North Dakota State
NFL Comparison: Alex Boone
Where He Wins: Functional strength. Bad technique and bad posture, but he makes it work with a strong latch and an ability to control defenders close to his body. A good athlete with movement skills for his size. A real mauler on the field.
Where He Fits: Could play tackle, but I wouldn’t be surprised if his offensive line coach gets fed up with technique issues and moves him to guard.
Draft Projection: Could see him selected in the second-round due to “upside.” Top 75 for sure.
63. DB Lamarcus Joyner, FSU
NFL Comparison: Aaron Williams
Where He Wins: Was not targeted very often as a corner, but also had a high burn rate when he was thrown at in man coverage (around 55 percent). That is high for a corner but good for a safety. Did not allow a single catch over 20 yards as a corner in 2013.
Where He Fits: I prefer him as a safety who might be able to walk down in sub packages.
Draft Projection: Second- or third-round, depending if a team selects him as a safety.
64. DT Timmy Jernigan, FSU
NFL Comparison: Barry Cofield
Where He Wins: Can be very disruptive when gaining the momentum and balance advantage from the 1/0. Drives interior OL back and has quick feet to make a play in the backfield once creating the operable space. Much better when working upfield. Loves to utilize a pull and swim motion.
Where He Fits: I do not like Jernigan’s game from the 3 technique and/or when he is asked to work around blockers rather than through them. Run defense is hit or miss. I would rather he become an upfield disruptor close to the center.
Draft Projection: Could be the first defensive tackle off the board.
65. Edge player Aaron Lynch, USF
NFL Comparison: Michael Johnson
Where He Wins: Two different players in college. Has a beefed up end in an odd front, he used strength to keep opposition off balance and create upfield penetration. As a smaller player on the edge of an even front, he displayed burst and quick hands. Loved to take the inside move.
Where He Fits: Career can be taken two ways: back to bigger down lineman, as a freshman, or stick with an edge rushing role, possible as a stand up rusher. Needs to learn to use his hands better on the outside.
Draft Projection: I have no clue. A safe bet would be third day pick. Fit will be critical.
66. TE Colt Lyerla, Oregon
67. G Gabe Jackson, Miss State
NFL Comparison: Rob Sims
Where He Wins: Not the mauler some make him out to be, but he has a strong latch and can put defenders on their back if they get off balance. Fairly flexible and can absorb momentum thanks to his size.
Where He Fits: Either guard spot.
Draft Projection: Second- or third-round.
68. T Jack Mewhort, Ohio State
NFL Comparison: Zach Strief
Where He Wins: Easy to like when he locks out, extends and controls with a strong grip. Attempts to consistently find contact through hands, which helps him mirror. Has strong inside arm bar to prevent tighter lines. Has plenty of arm length and uses it.
Where He Fits: Could see him on the left or the right side.
Draft Projection: Second-round pick. Outside shot of top-32.
69. RB Carlos Hyde, Ohio State
70. RB Isaiah Crowell, Alabama State
71. WR Martavis Bryant, Clemson
72. WR Davante Adams, Fresno State
73. QB David Fales, San Jose State
74. QB Zach Mettenberger, LSU
75. QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
76. S Deone Bucannon, Washington State
77. CB Pierre Desir, Lindenwood
78. DT Justin Ellis, Louisiana Tech
79. WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
80. G Dakota Dozier, Furman
81. T Charles Leno Jr., Boise State
82. Off LOS LB Christian Kirksey, Iowa
83. C/G Marcus Martin, USC
84. DT Daquan Jones, Penn State
85. WR Allen Robinson, Penn State
86. WR Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss
87. DL Kareem Martin, UNC
88. DT Zach Kerr, Delaware
89. DT Khyri Thornton, Southern Miss
90. G Jon Halapio, Florida
91. DL Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
92. Edge player Carl Bradford, Arizona State
93. Off LOS LB Chris Borland, Wisconsin
94. CB EJ Gaines, Missouri
95. RB Charles Sims, West Virginia
96. RB Tre Mason, Auburn
97. CB Keith McGill, Utah
98. WR Jeremy Gallon, Michigan
99. WR Kevin Norwood, Alabama
100. QB Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech
101. QB Brett Smith, Wyoming
102. QB Aaron Murray, Georgia
103. RB Jeremy Hill, LSU
104. TE Arthur Lynch, Georgia
105. TE Joe Don Duncan, Dixie State
106. CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Nebraska
107. TE Richard Rodgers, Cal
108. WR Paul Richardson, Colorado
109. DL Taylor Hart, Oregon
110. G David Yankey, Stanford
111. OL Seantrel Henderson, Miami
112. Edge player Trent Murphy, Stanford
113. CB Victor Hampton, South Carolina
114. Edge player Chris Smith, Arkansas
115. T Antonio Richardson, Tennessee
116. T Jawuan James, Tennessee
117. RB Terrance West, Towson
118. RB Storm Johnson, UCF
119. T Kevin Pamphile, Purdue
120. OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, McGill
121. CB Shaq Richardson, Arizona
122. CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
123. CB Demetri Goodson, Baylor
124. Off LOS LB Jordan Tripp, Montana
125. Off LOS LB Jordan Zumwalt, UCLA
126. DB Avery Patterson, Oregon
127. Edge player Christian Jones, FSU
128. S Brock Vereen, Minnesota
129. DB Antone Exum, Virginia Tech
130. DT Chris Whaley, Texas
131. WR Matt Hazel, Coastal Carolina
132. WR Robert Herron, Wyoming
133. WR Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin
134. WR Michael Campanaro, Wake Forest
135. WR Geraldo Boldewijn, Boise State
136. WR Shaq Evans, UCLA
137. WR Jalen Saunders, Oklahoma
138. WR Josh Huff, Oregon
139. Edge player Trevor Reilly, Utah
140. CB Jaylen Watkins, Florida
141. Edge player Ronald Powell, Florida
142. Off LOS LB Avery Williamson, Kentucky
143. RB James White, Wisconsin
144. RB Bishop Sankey, Washington
145. OW De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon
146. S Dion Bailey, USC
147. OL Garrett Scott, Marshall
148. CB Marcus Roberson, Florida
149. S Vinnie Sunseri, Alabama
150. DL Brent Urban, Virginia
151. WR TJ Jones, Notre Dame
152. T Cameron Fleming, Stanford
153. TE Jake Murphy, Utah
154. RB Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona
155. OW Dri Archer, Kent State
156. G Cyril Richardson, Baylor
157. C Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma
158. OL Wesley Johnson, Vanderbilt
159. S Dez Southward, Wisconsin
160. RB Lache Seastrunk, Baylor
161. G Spencer Long, Nebraska
162. CB Rashaad Reynolds, Oregon State
163. CB Kendall James, Maine
164. CB Dontae Johnson, NC State
165. DL Kerry Wynn, Richmond
166. DT Jay Bromley, Syracuse
167. Off LOS LB Yawin Smallwood, UConn
168. G Chris Watt, Notre Dame
169. Off LOS LB Khairi Fortt, Cal
170. T Justin Britt, Missouri
171. Edge rusher Will Clarke, West Virginia
172. T Cornelius Lucas, Kansas State
173. RB Jerick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
174. S Ahmdad Dixon, Baylor
175. TE Crockett Gillmore, Colorado State
176. TE Gator Hoskins, Marshall
177. TE Justin Jones, ECU
178. CB Andre Hal, Vanderbilt
179. TE Blake Annen, Cincinnati
180. OL Donald Hawkins, Texas
181. OL Trey Hopkins, Texas
182. C Corey Linsley, Ohio State
183. Off LOS LB Marquis Flowers, Arizona
184. Off LOS LB DeDe Lattimore, USF
185. QB Tom Savage, Pitt
186. QB Keith Wenning, Ball State
187. QB AJ McCarron, Alabama
188. QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson
189. QB Bryn Renner, UNC
190. S Daniel Sorensen, BYU
191. S Sean Parker, Washington
192. S Alden Darby, Arizona State
193. DT Kelcy Quarles, South Carolina
194. DT Bruce Gaston, Purdue
195. FB Trey Millard, Oklahoma
196. DT Ryan Carrethers, Arkansas State
197. Off LOS LB Howard Jones, Shepherd
198. DT Calvin Barnett, Oklahoma State
199. RB James Wilder Jr., FSU
200. WR Quincy Enunwa, Nebraska