Week 16 Injury RoundupMonday, December 24, 2012
A large percentage of fantasy leagues came to a close on Sunday, but if your league happens to use Week 17, or if you'll be taking part in a playoff league, you may want to know that:
- Arian Foster (10 rush, 15 yds, lost fumble) left Sunday’s game early due to an irregular heartbeat, and though he labeled it “a very minor situation”, this is obviously something to watch closely heading into Week 17;
- Randall Cobb left Sunday's blowout win with an ankle injury, though early indications suggest that it may not be anything serious;
- Matt Forte once again injured his problematic right ankle, and was in a walking boot following Sunday’s win, but said after the game that “I can’t see myself missing next week”;
- Chris Johnson injured his ankle early, but returned to finish out an awful blowout loss, ending the day with 11 carries for 28 yards;
- Cecil Shorts seems highly unlikely to play in Week 17 after sustaining his second concussion since Week 13;
- Adrian Peterson sat out late due to a sore abdomen, but did not go to the locker room and doesn’t appear to be in jeopardy of missing Week 17;
- Trent Richardson made a late exit from Sunday’s game with a left leg injury (the severity of said injury was unclear as of Sunday night);
- Heath Miller is expected to miss the Steelers’ season finale after injuring his PCL and MCL. Also landing on the injury report for the Steelers: Mike Wallace, who's dealing with a hamstring issue (no word as of Sunday night how serious);
- Carson Palmer left in the first quarter with a rib injury, giving way to Matt Leinart.
Follow me on Twitter: @MattStroup
Other Injury Notes: Scott Chandler left Sunday's game with a knee injury ... Brandon Weeden injured his shoulder (enter Colt McCoy). ... Anquan Boldin (shoulder) left in the third quarter. … Vernon Davis sustained a concussion. … Mario Manningham left with a knee injury. … Ray Lewis (triceps) won’t play in the Ravens’ regular season finale.