Silva's Latest Top 150Friday, August 23, 2013
continue story »
For explanations on the Top 150, bang it here. The first paragraph defines the ranking of Jimmy Graham, and how to approach these rankings in two-quarterback and PPR leagues.
Editor's Note: Rotoworld's partner FanDuel is hosting a $100,000 Fantasy Football Contest in Week 1. It's $25 to join and first prize is $15,000. Here's the link.
If you're drafting this weekend, best of luck.
1. Adrian Peterson -- I wouldn't seriously consider anyone else at the No. 1 spot.
2. Jimmy Graham -- The biggest week-to-week difference maker at any position.
3. C.J. Spiller -- Offers fantastic upside in Bills new run-heavy, fast-paced offense.
4. Doug Martin -- Versatile bellcow on run-first team with top-ten run-blocking line.
5. LeSean McCoy -- Playmaker headed for career-most carries under Chip Kelly.
6. Trent Richardson -- Last year's No. 9 overall fantasy back despite playing hurt.
7. Jamaal Charles -- Under pass-obsessed Reid, Charles has more value in PPR.
8. Marshawn Lynch -- Elite tackle breaker benefits from run-dominated offense.
9. Calvin Johnson -- NFL's best receiver plays on league's pass-heaviest team.
10. Ray Rice -- Expect Ravens to emphasize run after losses of Pitta & Boldin.
11. Alfred Morris -- Doesn't catch passes, but high-volume RB in run-friendly O.
12. Arian Foster -- Littered with injury/workload red flags. Let someone else draft.
13. Stevan Ridley -- Likely to top 300 carries as foundation of NE rushing attack.
14. Matt Forte -- PPR green-light special; could catch 80+ balls under Trestman.
15. Brandon Marshall -- Physically dominant WR on increasingly pass-first team.
16. Dez Bryant -- Beast of a player poised for first full season of elite production.
17. A.J. Green -- Only behind Marshall and Bryant due to quarterback limitations.
18. Larry Fitzgerald -- Lock for bounce-back year with Palmer & pass-first Arians.
19. Julio Jones -- S-Jax, Gonzo, Roddy are getting older; Julio is getting better.
20. Demaryius Thomas -- Make no mistake: He is Denver's premier wide receiver.
21. Frank Gore -- Aging but consistent; Benefits from NFL's top run-blocking OL.
22. Steven Jackson -- Carry total may disappoint, but he can pile up touchdowns.
23. Chris Johnson -- OL upgrades help, but still boom-bust RB losing GL carries.
24. David Wilson -- Explosive big-play back will separate from Andre Brown quickly.
25. Eddie Lacy -- Already playing next to Rodgers in the 'gun. Huge year coming.
26. Reggie Bush -- More value in PPR leagues; Could lead all NFL RBs in catches.
27. Rob Gronkowski -- Due back in mid-September. Every bit worth 3rd-round pick.
28. DeMarco Murray -- Inevitably prone to injury, but adequate RB2 when he plays.
29. Lamar Miller -- Miller will distance himself from Daniel Thomas in the near future.
30. Drew Brees -- Saints defense looks terrible again, which will help Brees' stats.
31. Aaron Rodgers -- Behind Brees only because Packers will have to run more.
32. Cam Newton -- Enormous talent. No. 5 fantasy QB as rookie & No. 4 as soph.
33. Andre Johnson -- Top-ten fantasy receiver scorer in four of last five seasons.
34. Maurice Jones-Drew -- Overworked RB in bad offense coming off severe injury.
35. Danny Amendola -- To catch 100 balls, all he has to do is play 14-plus games.
36. Darren McFadden -- Awful OL. Raiders will get their clocks cleaned all year.
37. Darren Sproles -- PPR special, but consistency hard to match in any format.
38. Victor Cruz -- Only 26 & getting better. Top-13 WR in back-to-back seasons.
39. Vincent Jackson -- Capable of scoring double-digit TDs, clearing 1,400 yards.
40. Roddy White -- Going on 32 now, but top-10 fantasy WR in five straight years.
41. Marques Colston -- Annual WR1/2 is Drew Brees' No. 2 option behind Graham.
42. Peyton Manning -- Losses on D will make Denver early-season shootout team.
43. Randall Cobb -- Biceps injury is a bit worrisome; I fear Cobb has a partial tear.
44. Pierre Garcon -- Huge breakout candidate as he continues to sustain health.
45. Giovani Bernard -- Look for 10-14 carries and 4-7 catches per game from Gio.
46. Reggie Wayne -- Still Andrew Luck's No. 1 option. Likely to catch 90 balls.
47. Robert Griffin III -- RG3 was last year's No. 1 fantasy QB through Thanksgiving.
48. Vernon Davis -- Expect Davis to lead 49ers in receiving yards & score 8-11 TDs.