Latest Headlines

Former Wigan defender Maynor Figueroa has joined Hull City on a free transfer - he signed a two year deal with the newly promoted side.

Newly promoted teams always have to balance the desire to stay up in the Premier League with the fact that they enter the season as odds on favorites to go back down. With this in mind, low risk free transfers with Premier League experience like Figueroa are the ideal targets. He is a solid player who will bring Premier League experience to a team with a distinct lack of it going into the summer. He won't, however, make a significant impact on their bid to stay up.
Source: TeamTalk.com
Tue, Jun 18, 2013 10:37:00 AM

Manchester City officially confirmed that winger Jesus Navas will leave the club this summer.

Navas joined the club in 2013 from Sevilla and went on to make more than 100 appearances in four years. The Spaniard made 24 appearances in the Premier League this season, mostly from the bench, and found a niche as a right-back. The 31-year-old has been linked with a return to Sevilla as well as a move to AS Roma. Said director of football Txiki Begiristain: "Working with Jesus has been a pleasure. His hard work, dedication, professionalism and desire to win have been apparent every single day. He showed his versatility numerous times this season, operating at full-back and doing so with distinction. I wish him all the very best with his next move."
May 25 - 4:12 PM

Gael Clichy's Manchester City contract has expired will not be renewed according to an announcement from the club.

Clichy's move from the Emirates to the Etihad was one of the early moves that City made as they started to build a squad that could contend for Premier League and Champions League honors. While he spent most of his City tenure battling Aleksandar Kolarov for the starting left back spot, he did manage to collect two Premier League winners medals and feature in 138 matches for the club. He could still catch on elsewhere in the Premier League, perhaps a little farther down the table and be a productive player. He will be available on a free transfer this summer.
Source: espnfc.com
May 25 - 4:15 PM

Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero was among the latest casualties as the club cleans house this summer.

The Spaniard originally entered the season looking like the No. 3 keeper, but Joe Hart went on loan to Torino while Claudio Bravo disappointed early on, leading to Caballero earning the starting role. Despite making 27 appearances this season, the club decided it would not offer the 35-year-old a new deal with his contract set to expire this summer. "It’s been a privilege to play for Manchester City," Caballero said. "From the first day I arrived, everyone at the Club has made me feel welcome and I will always be grateful to them. To win the League Cup in such dramatic circumstances was special and it’s a day I will never forget."
May 25 - 4:15 PM

Manchester City will be busy in the transfer market this summer following a series of cuts in defense.

The club announced on Thursday that Bacary Sagna and Gael Clichy would join Pablo Zabaleta, Jesus Navas and Willy Caballero as expiring contracts who will not be re-signed. Clichy announced his departure earlier in the week, while Sagna's exit leaves the club with only four senior defenders. Said Sagna: "It has been a privilege to play for this football club. I have enjoyed every moment of my City career and will look back on my time at City fondly. I would like to thank the staff, players and fans for making my three years so memorable."
May 25 - 4:19 PM

Bacary Sagna will be joining Gael Clichy, Jesus Navas, and Willy Caballero as out of contract players not returning to the Etihad next season.

Following his former Arsenal teammate Gael Clichy from the Emirates to the Etihad three seasons later, Bacary Sagna wasn't as fortunate as his fellow former Gunner. Sagna appeared 53 times for City but he joined following their most recent Premier League title. Unlike Clichy who won the league twice at City, Sagna's quest to add a title after Arsenal frustration went unfulfilled. He is now a free agent able to sign with any club although the market for 34-year-old outside backs is probably not a massive one, at least not if Sagna is looking for a starting role.
Source: espnfc.com
May 25 - 4:20 PM

Despite starting down the stretch for the 3rd place finishers, Willy Caballero will not be returning to the Etihad next season after his contract expires over the summer.

The club is clearly looking to clear salary and older players from the squad as they continue to remake the team to suit Pep Guardiola's preferred style of play. With Joe Hart still under club control, Claudio Bravo signing a significant deal last summer, and Pep seeming discontent with all of his goalkeepers, the writing was on the wall as Caballero's contract expired. There have been few, if any, rumors about whether he is likely to land in the Premier League or elsewhere for next season.
Source: espnfc.com
May 25 - 4:23 PM

Apparently there is only one for one Jesus at Manchester City as the club has announced that Jesus Navas will not be resigned after his contract ran out this summer.

The Spanish international has never quite lived up to the high expectations that accompanied his arrival at the Etihad. Never a prolific goalscorer, his assist and chance creation record in Spain for Sevilla was far superior to what he was able to achieve in the Premier League. Across multiple managers, Navas' pace and effort were never in doubt but his end product, be that a shot or a cross, never came around on a consistent basis. He leaves City having scored 4 goals in 118 appearances. It's hard to imagine that there will be many takers in the Premier League even on a free.
Source: espnfc.com
May 25 - 4:28 PM

Bournemouth defender Steve Cook has signed a new contract with the club which will tie him down until 2021.

The centre-back has been at the club since 2011, when he arrived from Brighton on what was originally a loan agreement which was made permanent. Cook was a vital part of Eddie Howe's starting XI this season, playing every minute of the 38 game Premier League season. He has racked up 231 appearances for the club since his arrival, contributing 15 goals in the process. Commenting on the deal, Cook said: "It has always been my plan to stay here as long as possible, so to be given the chance to do that is really pleasing... Myself and AFC Bournemouth have been the perfect match." His manager praised the defender, explaining that the contract was a deserved reward after a solid season. He also added that "[Cook] is a major part of [the club's] plans going forward."
May 25 - 7:54 PM

Cuco Martina and Martin Caceres are the notable names in the four man list of players released by Southampton.

Right-back Cuco Martina has been surplus to requirements this terms as Cedric has held down the starting berth with consistent performances since the new year. Jeremy Pied, who spent most the season on the sidelines injured, took over the berth in some of the last Premier League games while Puel rotated. Martina was not even named in the squad. Lloyd Isgrove and Harley Willard have also left the club.
May 25 - 8:02 PM

Southampton have released right-back Cuco Martina from the club after his contract expired.

Martina has not featured for the first team in the Premier League since late 2016, when he lost his rotation spot to Cedric Soares permanently. He was not even on the bench as the season drew to a close when Jeremy Pied was favoured in Claude Puel's rotations. The Curacao international is now in talks with Everton, who can sign him for free. They are in the market for a right-back to cover for Seamus Coleman who is unlikely to be fit before the new year. Toffees manager Ronald Koeman is keen to link up with the full-back, who he worked with at FC Twente in the Eredivisie. Mason Holgate has impressed in the role since Coleman suffered his injury, but Koeman is apparently keen to add the 27 year old's experience to his options.
Source: The Guardian
May 25 - 8:13 PM

Southampton have released centre-back Martin Caceres after his short term deal with the club expired.

The former Juventus man was signed in February on a free transfer when Claude Puel was scrambling to replace Jose Fonte and the injured Virgil Van Dijk in the central role. The Uruguayan took a while to reach match fitness after joining the club, so much so that Maya Yoshida and rookie Jack Stephens had time to form a surprisingly formidable partnership in the heart of defence. In the end, Caceres was kept out of the side completely by the pair and made just one token appearance in the Premier League against Middlesbrough in Gameweek 37.
May 25 - 8:22 PM




Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days


Video Center

  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Short: Waiver Wire

    Short: Waiver Wire
  •  
    Short: Saves & Steals

    Short: Saves & Steals
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Short: Waiver Wire

    Short: Waiver Wire
  •  
    Short: Saves & Steals

    Short: Saves & Steals
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings