Latest Headlines

Manchester United were shocked 4-0 by MK Dons in League Cup action tonight.

On the night that the red half of Manchester was celebrating the arrival of Angel di Maria a mixed team of senior and relative youngsters were thrashed 4-0 by MK Dons. The starting team did contain Johnny Evans, Danny Welbeck, and Adnan Januzaj so the loss can't be completely dismissed as the result of young players. Di Maria or not Louis Van Gaal has his work cut out for him getting the club back to their former glory.
Tue, Aug 26, 2014 06:44:00 PM

Leicester City midfielder Nampalys Mendy has admitted he wants to move back to France and sign with Ligue 1 club Bordeaux.

The 25-year-old sign with the Foxes from Nice last summer on a four-year contract, for £13million fee, and was pinned to be a potential replacement for N'Golo Kante. However, his debut campaign was derailed by injury which limited him to just a handful of appearances. While Mendy has been linked with a move to Nantes, who named former Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri as head coach earlier this month, the midfielder is "set on" signing for Bordeaux. "I heard about the interest of Nantes but neither me nor my adviser have been contacted," Mendy told L'Equipe. "Anyway, since my adviser talked to me about the possibility of joining Bordeaux, I'm set on it." Though Mendy is currently recovering from a pair of ankle surgeries, he noted his rehabilitation progress is going excellent: "And now I have the hope of rallying the Girondins [Bordeaux] fairly quickly. It's even an obsession."
Source: Sky Sports
Jun 27 - 3:07 PM

Southampton are thought to be honing in on their first signing in the reign of new boss Mauricio Pellegrino.

The had been attempting to sign Lech Poznan's centre-back Jan Bednarek prior to the appointment of the new manager, though it seems his arrival has only moved proceedings forward in this regard. Initially, the Saints were reportedly reluctant to meet Lech's valuation of the player, though it seems they have now made an agreement. The club were believed to be holding out until after the U-21 European Championships, where they thought Bednarek's reputation would be enhanced and his value increased. Instead, the Polish player had a poor championship, with the low point being conceding a penalty en route to getting sent off in a 3-0 defeat to England in the group stages. Even if Virgil Van Dijk leaves Southampton this summer, Bednarek is not being viewed as a replacement and more so as an investment in the future.
Jun 26 - 11:15 PM

Brighton and Hove Albion are exploring a number of options to beef up their left-back slot ahead of the upcoming season.

Albion, who were promoted to the PL as Championship runners-up in 2016/17, had relied upon Gaëtan Bong and Sébastien Pocognoli, on loan from West Brom, to fill that void last season. However, Pocognoli will not be at the AMEX Stadium next season as he is moving to Belgian club Standard Liege. Thus manager Chris Hughton is exploring alternative options. Their principal target is Ingolstadt player Markus Suttner, but the club are not keen to let the experienced set-piece specialist depart. Brighton have placed a bid for him, believed to amount to £2.2 million, but the club refuse to accept the bid and are rumoured to be holding out for a much improved offer of £3.5 million. They have tried to entice Suttner to stay by offering him a new three year contract. However, if Suttner's agent is to be believed, Suttner has no intention of staying. He says playing in the PL is his client's dream, and he is critical of Ingolstadt for refusing to sell the player.
Source: The Argus
Jun 26 - 10:39 PM

Bournemouth are in talks to sign former Blackburn winger Connor Mahoney, who is currently out of contract.

Mahoney, 20, made 14 appearances for Rovers last season in the Championship as they suffered relegation, making four starts. However, his deal at Blackburn expired at the end of the season, with the club resigned to the fact that the player would leave the club to play at a higher level. Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough since Garry Monk took the reigns have been linked with the Englishman, who is capped at youth level, but Eddie Howe's Cherries are now believed to be leading the race to secure his signature. While Bournemouth do not have to pay a transfer fee to Blackburn for the player, as he is under 24 years old they must agree compensation with the club or have a figure fixed by a tribunal.
Source: Sky Sports
Jun 26 - 10:51 PM

Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore has completed a permanent transfer to French side Lyon.

The Burkina Faso international joins Lyon on a five-year contract for a fee of €10 million, with the deal including a 15 per cent sell on clause for Chelsea should the Ligue 1 outfit decide to sell the striker in the future. The 21-year-old joined Chelsea in January 2014 and spent the first 18 months of his Blues career on loan at Vitesse, scoring 17 goals in 48 Eredivisie appearances. Traore returned to Stamford Bridge for the 2015-16 season and made 16 starts, scoring four goals, under Jose Mourinho and caretaker manager Guus Hiddink. But the arrival of Michy Batshuayi saw Traore sent out on loan to Ajax last season, where he turned heads with 13 goals in 39 appearances and shined on the club's run to the Europa League final. Traore becomes the third Chelsea player to leave this summer following the sale of Juan Cuadrado (Juventus) and Christian Atsu (Newcastle).
Jun 26 - 4:13 PM

After seeing their first approach turned down, Huddersfield Town are said to be preparing a second bid for Derby winger Tom Ince.

Huddersfield began their summer with the signing of Belgian striker Laurent Depoitre from FC Porto last week and now face a decide on whether or not step up efforts to add Ince—the son of former England captain Paul Ince. Town saw a £7.2 million bid for 25-year-old rejected by Derby earlier this month, according to Sky Sports, but reports suggest the Premier League newcomers are contemplating matching the £10 million asking price for attacking wideman. Though a deal would see the Terriers break their transfer record for the second time this window following the arrival of Depoitre (£3.5m), it would be a huge capture for David Wagner's side. Ince was Derby's leading scorer and provider last season with 15 goals and eight assists in 50 Championship appearances.
Source: HITC
Jun 26 - 6:44 PM

New Manchester City signing Bernardo Silva has moved quickly to allay fears that he suffered a serious injury during Portugal’s 4-0 win over New Zealand.

Selecção das Quinas cruised into the Confederations Cup semi-final on Saturday but the victory was marred slightly after Silva was forced off at half-time as a precautionary measure. The midfielder landed awkwardly after tapping in his sides second goal of the game, and Fernando Santos was taking no chances, having already secured their place in the knockout phase of the competition. Silva himself later tweeted: "Thanks a lot for all your support messages. Everything is fine with my ankle." Initial reports suggest a mild sprain meaning the 22-year-old should be available to face Chile on Wednesday. Southampton full-back Cedric Soares could also return after he was rested last weekend, but Raphael Guerreiro [ankle] remains a major doubt.
Source: PPP Focus
Jun 26 - 6:06 AM

AFC Bournemouth are leading the chase to sign Chelsea defender Nathan Ake.

Ake spent the first half of 2016-17 on loan, and after a slow start to his spell on the south coast, the 22-year-old flourished under Eddie Howe and it was those performances which prompted Antonio Conte to recall the youngster in January. However, his return to Stamford Bridge didn’t pan out as he had originally hoped, and once again opportunities to feature for the first-team were limited - Ake made just one league start [playing 98 minutes] during the remainder of the campaign. But, it now looks like Bournemouth could be back for a second bite of the cherry, only this time on a permanent basis, for a fee believed to be in the region of £20 million. If Ake does sign then he will join former teammate Asmir Begovic who arrived at the club last month.
Source: The Metro
Jun 26 - 6:22 AM

Crystal Palace are expected to unveil their new manager during a press conference set for 2pm BST on Monday after agreeing a deal over the weekend.

It is understood that Frank de Boer, 47, who has been out of work since he was sacked by Italian side Inter Milan 8 months ago, is set to take charge of the Eagles. De Boer is the only manager in Eredivisie history to win four consecutive titles, doing so in his first four seasons at Ajax, before he stepped down after narrowly missing out on his fifth to PSV Eindhoven. His brother Ronald explained Frank's enthusiasm for the new challenge ahead: "He is very excited, of course. It's the biggest league – everybody knows it, everybody's watching the Premier League. You can do really something if you have the chance, because there is money involved and you can buy players. It's an interesting league to see what you're capable of as a manager."
Source: The Mirror
Jun 26 - 6:57 AM

Emre Can is expected to miss the final group game of the 2017 Confederations Cup tomorrow after picking up an injury in training.

The Liverpool midfielder has featured in both matches of the tournament so far, but Joachim Low must wait until Can is fully assessed before making a decision on his involvement on Sunday. "During training, Emre Can has sustained a minor injury," he told reporters. "He bent over on the pitch. His boot got stuck in the grass. We will have to see how he feels because he had to break off training." Germany are gunning for top spot in Group B - they currently sit in second place on goal difference - but Low did confirm he would make "three or four changes" for the clash with Cameroon. First place would see Germany face off against Mexico in the semi-finals, while finishing runners-up will mean the World Cup winners take on Portugal, the European Champions.
Jun 24 - 1:45 PM

Michail Antonio says his recovery from hamstring surgery in April is "going well" and he is on schedule to be ready for the start of the new season.

The West Ham winger is currently enjoying some time away from football after marrying his long-term partner. "Thankfully the injury didn’t put the wedding in doubt," he told Sportsmail. "I’ll be honest, I was close to having to walk up the aisle on crutches." Antonio did take his physio to the stag doo in Las Vegas "but thankfully" he didn’t need to take him on the honeymoon! The 27-year-old was one of several West Ham players to go under the knife last term with a view to being ready for the start of the new campaign. Cheikhou Kouyate [wrist], Mark Noble [hernia], Angelo Ogbonna and Winston Reid [both knee] and Pedro Obiang [ankle] are all expected to rejoin the squad when they reconvene for pre-season in July.
Source: Mail Online
Jun 24 - 2:03 PM




Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days


Video Center

  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Short: Waiver Wire

    Short: Waiver Wire