Latest Headlines

Dodgers released INF Nick Evans.

Evans, 27, was reassigned to minor league camp earlier this month. The former Met appeared in just 21 games with the Pirates' Triple-A affiliate last season prior to undergo surgery in May to repair a broken left hand. He'll attempt to latch on elsewhere.
Mon, Mar 18, 2013 04:18:00 PM

Red Sox acquired LHP Chris Sale from the White Sox for INF Yoan Moncada, RHP Michael Kopech, OF Luis Alexander Basabe, and RHP Victor Diaz.

It's a massive haul of prospects -- Moncada and Kopech being the centerpieces -- but the Red Sox get one of the top starting pitchers in baseball to line up next to David Price and 2016 American League Cy Young Award winner Rick Porcello. Sale registered a 3.34 ERA, 1.037 WHIP, and 233/45 K/BB ratio over 226 2/3 innings for the White Sox in 2016 and carries a very team-friendly contract that can run through 2019 if all the options are exercised.
Dec 6 - 4:02 PM

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Tuesday that he has received interest in Brett Gardner.

The Yankees are listening, but nothing sounds imminent. "He's here not because I can't move him; he's here because I'm not comfortable moving him, or haven't been satisfied in my asks that would make me move him," said Cashman. "You're going through the process, and you see if that changes. So far to this point, I've said no to a lot of different concepts thrown my way on it." Gardner is still under contract for two years at $26 million.
Dec 6 - 3:48 PM

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, offers for free agent closer Aroldis Chapman are past $80 million.

That's to be expected after Mark Melancon landed a four-year, $62 million deal (a new record deal for a reliever) from the Giants on Monday. Chapman is aiming for a six-year deal and is drawing interest from teams like the Yankees, Marlins, and Dodgers. There's even a chance that the Nationals could be in the mix. Kenley Jansen remains in the market and figures to land a big contract too, but Chapman is in a good spot right now.
Dec 6 - 3:39 PM

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Nationals are now going for Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen after missing out on Chris Sale.

The Nationals tried hard for Sale and were even willing to include Victor Robles and Lucas Giolito in a return package, but they drew the line on Trea Turner and the Red Sox ultimately topped them. McCutchen remains a strong fit for the Nationals, but it will be interesting to see if the club also considers alternative trade possibilities like Lorenzo Cain and Adam Eaton. It's worth noting that Robles was included in previous discussions related to McCutchen.
Dec 6 - 3:23 PM

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, MLB officials told international scouting directors on Tuesday that that there will be no exception in regarding to the international spending limit if Japanese right-hander Shohei Otani is posted next offseason.

As part of the new collective bargaining agreement, there will be a new hard cap (around $6 million) on international spending for players 25 years old and under. There was some speculation in the media about a possible special exception in the case of an amazing talent like the 22-year-old Otani, but as of now, MLB officials aren't willing to do that. In other words, Otani would land a deal significantly below what he could receive if he waits until 2019. Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reported over the weekend that the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters were planning to post Otani after the 2017 season.
Dec 6 - 2:36 PM

Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that the Dodgers have expressed interest in White Sox third baseman Todd Frazier.

There's mutual interest in Justin Turner returning to Los Angeles, but the Dodgers are monitoring the potential alternatives. Now that the White Sox have traded Chris Sale, it makes sense that Frazier will also be on the block. He's under team control for one more season before hitting free agency. Frazier hit just .225 with a .302 on-base percentage in 2016, but he slugged a career-high 40 homers.
Dec 6 - 1:51 PM

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the White Sox will acquire prospect outfielder Luis Alexander Basabe and prospect right-hander Victor Diaz from the Red Sox in addition to Yoan Moncada and Michael Kopech in the Chris Sale deal.

The White Sox are shifting into a rebuild and they managed to land a considerable return package in giving up their ace. Moncada is one of the top position prospects in the game while the hard-throwing Kopech could be a fit as a late-inning reliever if he doesn't make it as a starter. Basabe, 20, is another one of Boston's top 10 prospects. He batted .264/.328/.452 with 12 homers and 25 steals over 110 games this season between Class A and High-A. Diaz, 22, has yet to pitch above A-ball, but he owns a 3.00 ERA and 98/41 K/BB ratio over his first 93 innings of relief in pro ball. The deals are likely just beginning for the White Sox.
Dec 6 - 1:40 PM

Phillies signed RHP Joaquin Benoit to a one-year, $7.5 million contract.

Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com first reported that the two sides were close while Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer reported the contract terms. Benoit finished strong with the Blue Jays in 2016 after coming over from the Mariners, putting up a 0.38 ERA and 24/9 K/BB ratio in 23 2/3 innings before tearing a calf muscle. The good news is that the 39-year-old has already begun running in preparation for 2017. He'll serve in a set-up role with his new team.
Dec 6 - 12:04 PM

Brewers general manager David Stearns confirmed Tuesday that Jonathan Villar will mostly play second base in 2017.

The Brewers intend to play Travis Shaw at third base after picking him up from the Red Sox in the Tyler Thornburg deal, so Villar is now in position to be the primary second base. He's already going into 2017 with a lot of momentum, but his multi-position eligibility should make him extremely valuable in fantasy leagues. As for Scooter Gennett, Stearns said that he will have to battle for playing time. It's also possible they'll try to trade him.
Dec 6 - 11:52 AM

Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the Indians met with Mike Napoli's representatives on Monday.

The Indians are said to be trying for a one-year deal, but obviously Napoli's representatives are trying to do better elsewhere. Interestingly, Bastian hears that Napoli may have already signed with the Indians if they were willing to go two years. There's a chance that could still happen, but another team could jump into the mix to give him what he wants.
Dec 6 - 11:38 AM

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Orioles and Mark Trumbo will meet again on Tuesday in an attempt to work out their differences.

Olney reported Monday that the Orioles were comfortable with a four-year offer in the range of $52-55 million, but they were prepared to move on with other options after Trumbo's camp countered at four years and $75-80 million with a full no-trade clause. There's still mutual interest in getting something done, so perhaps a compromise is possible.
Dec 6 - 11:20 AM




Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days


Video Center

  •  
    Dose: Colts Shine

    Dose: Colts Shine
  •  
    Dose: Johnson Unstoppable

    Dose: Johnson Unstoppable
  •  
    Dose: Elliott Keeps Rolling

    Dose: Elliott Keeps Rolling
  •  
    Mensio: Wk 13 Best Values

    Mensio: Wk 13 Best Values
  •  
    RotoPat: Wk 13 Rankings

    RotoPat: Wk 13 Rankings
  •  
    Dose: Risky Plays

    Dose: Risky Plays
  •  
    Stroup: NBA Waivers

    Stroup: NBA Waivers
  •  
    Dose: Can AP Have an Impact?

    Dose: Can AP Have an Impact?