Latest Headlines

The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee reports San Diego officials have reached out to the Raiders to gauge their interest in the city.

It's unclear if the two sides exchanged any words, but the mayor of San Diego apparently recently talked with an "NFL official" to let the league know the city is interested in again having an NFL team after the Chargers left for L.A. The Chargers left because the city wouldn't help finance a stadium for the past almost-two decades. We doubt the Raiders would move to San Diego without having an upgrade on Qualcomm Stadium. And the NFL may not even approve it if it thinks three teams in Southern California is too many. Ultimately, Vegas is still the favorite to land the Raiders.
Jan 31 - 8:22 PM

Panthers signed first-round RB Christian McCaffrey to a four-year, $17.224 million contract.

The offensive weapon is the first first-round pick to sign. As is the case with all first-round contracts, the deal includes a fifth-year team option for 2021. Sort of a bizarro Tavon Austin coming out of West Virginia, McCaffrey is an explosive runner who doubles as a dangerous receiver. He's an element that's been missing from the Panthers' offense for years, and one few teams have. McCaffrey is justifiable as the No. 1 overall pick in rookie Dynasty drafts.
May 4 - 9:46 PM

Browns coach Hue Jackson expects DeShone Kizer to draw Ben Roethlisberger comparisons.

"I don't know that I've coached a guy with this kind of skill-set," Jackson said Thursday. "But he's a big powerful man, so I know he's going to get compared to another guy on another team in our division." Jackson went on to praise Kizer's arm strength, mobility and intelligence. Kizer is a project, but the Browns' quarterback situation is such that he will almost certainly make rookie starts.
May 4 - 8:37 PM

Bears signed DT Jaye Howard, formerly of the Chiefs, to a one-year contract.

Howard was cut by the Chiefs 12 days ago. He signed a "two-year, $12 million deal" in March 2016, but was limited to eight games by injury last season. Howard was fairly productive in 2015. He's a bounce-back flier for the Bears' undermanned defensive line.
May 4 - 7:30 PM

KSTP's Darren Wolfson reports the Vikings are interested in free agent Michael Floyd.

Per Wolfon, the Vikings are "highly, highly interested." He also reports the Redskins are considering the ex-Cardinal. It's the first we've heard of Floyd in months. He drew zero initial interest in free agency, and has yet to make a visit. Floyd looked lost on the field for Arizona last season, and was then popped for "extreme" DUI, leading to his release. He did zero with the Patriots after being claimed off waivers. The Vikings' receiver depth chart is shaky behind Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen.
May 4 - 7:07 PM

Panthers LT Michael Oher has been accused of assaulting an Uber driver in Nashville.

Oher has been charged with misdemeanor assault. Oher is accused of knocking the driver to the ground after the driver "put his hand on Oher's face." The Panthers have said they are aware of the incident. The fact that Oher is being charged with a misdemeanor bodes well for his odds of avoiding league discipline. The bigger concern for Oher's 2017 is a 2016 that was wrecked by concussions.
Source: WSOCTV.com
May 4 - 6:04 PM

John Brown had a cyst removed from his spine in January.

Brown was slowed by sickle-cell issues for much of 2016, but was also bothered by the cyst, which was sapping his energy. "I was sleeping too much. I couldn’t eat right. My body just wasn’t in it," Brown said. "I couldn’t do anything, really. I was just drained out." Brown believes things are now back to normal. Excellent in 2014-15 before last year's disappointment, Brown is a major bounce-back candidate, especially with Michael Floyd no longer in the desert.
May 4 - 4:32 PM

Jets released S Marcus Gilchrist.

The Jets have also waived CB Nick Marshall and FB Chris Swain. Recovering from a torn patellar tendon, Gilchrist's fate was sealed when the Jets used their first two draft picks on safeties. Designated a post-June 1 cut, the move clears $6 million in cap space. Injured last December, Gilchrist is in danger of missing all of 2017. The 2011 second-rounder turns 29 in December.
May 4 - 3:33 PM

The Miami Herald reports new 49ers ILB Reuben Foster had concussion issues at Alabama, and that his "recovery time was a concern."

Foster's shoulder issues are well documented, but his concussions didn't draw much attention during the pre-draft process. They weren't entirely unknown, and were believed to have happened "early" in his SEC career. What's clear is that Foster's injury history is long and concerning. He didn't fall to No. 31 in a vacuum.
May 4 - 2:44 PM

49ers waived RB Mike Davis.

Davis was the closest thing the 49ers had to a No. 2 on the roster before they selected Joe Williams with the No. 121 overall pick of the draft. A 2015 seventh-rounder, Davis is a true plodder, averaging two yards across 54 career carries. He didn't fit coach Kyle Shanahan's offense. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport claims Davis drew trade interest during the draft. Perhaps he will be claimed off waivers.
May 4 - 2:16 PM

Speaking Thursday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll classified the Richard Sherman trade talks as dead.

The draft was always the de facto deadline. Carroll did leave the door slightly ajar for a too-good-to-be-true offer down the road. "But people can always call you, and there were some people, there were some conversations," Carroll said. "I don't think they're going to change. I don't think anybody's going to offer us anything that would make it worthwhile because there's no draft involved and all that kind of stuff." 2017 will be Sherman's seventh year in Seattle.
Source: ESPN.com
May 4 - 1:39 PM

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said he plans to have an "educational briefing" with reinstated ILB Daryl Washington.

Washington was surprisingly reinstated last week after three years out of the league. "There will be a sit-down with Michael Bidwill, our president and owner, and myself and Coach Arians," Keim said. "Once that meeting occurs, there will be a decision made (about Washington’s future with the team)." Washington was an All-Pro-caliber player and has said he is "in the best shape" of his life, but there is no way to know how much the 30-year-old has left in the tank after three years away from the game.
May 4 - 12:58 PM




Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days


Video Center

  •  
    Short: Waiver Wire

    Short: Waiver Wire
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Short: Saves & Steals

    Short: Saves & Steals
  •  
    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 1-10

    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 1-10
  •  
    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 11-20

    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 11-20
  •  
    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 21-32

    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 21-32
  •  
    Norris: Saints Team Needs

    Norris: Saints Team Needs
  •  
    Norris: Bucs Team Needs

    Norris: Bucs Team Needs