Latest Headlines

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Redskins and 49ers may discuss with the Cowboys a three-team trade that would send Kirk Cousins to the 49ers, Tony Romo to the Redskins, and draft picks to Dallas.

Rarely in the NFL do we see player-for-player trades, let alone three-team deals this complex. But RapSheet's scenario makes sense, as Cousins has long been linked to the 49ers under Kyle Shanahan, and Romo was connected to the Redskins as a Plan B last week if they can't get Cousins to sign a long-term deal. Dallas could balk at the deal simply to keep Romo out of the NFC East, but if this is the only way they could get something for Romo, they'd have to seriously consider it.
Mar 3 - 5:48 PM

Panthers LT Michael Oher has been accused of assaulting an Uber driver in Nashville.

Oher has been charged with misdemeanor assault. Oher is accused of knocking the driver to the ground after the driver "put his hand on Oher's face." The Panthers have said they are aware of the incident. The fact that Oher is being charged with a misdemeanor bodes well for his odds of avoiding league discipline. The bigger concern for Oher's 2017 is a 2016 that was wrecked by concussions.
Source: WSOCTV.com
May 4 - 6:04 PM

John Brown had a cyst removed from his spine in January.

Brown was slowed by sickle-cell issues for much of 2016, but was also bothered by the cyst, which was sapping his energy. "I was sleeping too much. I couldn’t eat right. My body just wasn’t in it," Brown said. "I couldn’t do anything, really. I was just drained out." Brown believes things are now back to normal. Excellent in 2014-15 before last year's disappointment, Brown is a major bounce-back candidate, especially with Michael Floyd no longer in the desert.
May 4 - 4:32 PM

Jets released S Marcus Gilchrist.

The Jets have also waived CB Nick Marshall and FB Chris Swain. Recovering from a torn patellar tendon, Gilchrist's fate was sealed when the Jets used their first two draft picks on safeties. Designated a post-June 1 cut, the move clears $6 million in cap space. Injured last December, Gilchrist is in danger of missing all of 2017. The 2011 second-rounder turns 29 in December.
May 4 - 3:33 PM

The Miami Herald reports new 49ers ILB Reuben Foster had concussion issues at Alabama, and that his "recovery time was a concern."

Foster's shoulder issues are well documented, but his concussions didn't draw much attention during the pre-draft process. They weren't entirely unknown, and were believed to have happened "early" in his SEC career. What's clear is that Foster's injury history is long and concerning. He didn't fall to No. 31 in a vacuum.
May 4 - 2:44 PM

49ers waived RB Mike Davis.

Davis was the closest thing the 49ers had to a No. 2 on the roster before they selected Joe Williams with the No. 121 overall pick of the draft. A 2015 seventh-rounder, Davis is a true plodder, averaging two yards across 54 career carries. He didn't fit coach Kyle Shanahan's offense. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport claims Davis drew trade interest during the draft. Perhaps he will be claimed off waivers.
May 4 - 2:16 PM

Speaking Thursday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll classified the Richard Sherman trade talks as dead.

The draft was always the de facto deadline. Carroll did leave the door slightly ajar for a too-good-to-be-true offer down the road. "But people can always call you, and there were some people, there were some conversations," Carroll said. "I don't think they're going to change. I don't think anybody's going to offer us anything that would make it worthwhile because there's no draft involved and all that kind of stuff." 2017 will be Sherman's seventh year in Seattle.
Source: ESPN.com
May 4 - 1:39 PM

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said he plans to have an "educational briefing" with reinstated ILB Daryl Washington.

Washington was surprisingly reinstated last week after three years out of the league. "There will be a sit-down with Michael Bidwill, our president and owner, and myself and Coach Arians," Keim said. "Once that meeting occurs, there will be a decision made (about Washington’s future with the team)." Washington was an All-Pro-caliber player and has said he is "in the best shape" of his life, but there is no way to know how much the 30-year-old has left in the tank after three years away from the game.
May 4 - 12:58 PM

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said Philip Rivers "can have three or four more productive years easily."

"He looks rejuvenated," Lynn said of Rivers, who he added has lost 10 pounds during the offseason conditioning program. "We definitely think Philip can still play." There was talk of the Chargers drafting a "quarterback of the future" this year, but they did not address the position last weekend. The Chargers should be at least slightly concerned about the possibility of retirement for the 35-year-old quarterback, but they clearly anticipate him sticking with football for the next several years. Rivers is under contract through 2019.
Source: ESPN
May 4 - 12:12 PM

In an interview with KNBR, 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said "our doctors felt good about" first-round ILB Reuben Foster's shoulder.

Seemingly nothing but negative opinions on Foster's shoulder have emerged since the draft, with Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reporting the linebacker was "medically rejected" by some teams and ESPN's Adam Schefter reporting some believe the shoulder could give out at any moment. The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero adds Foster suffered concussions in college and "his recovery time was a concern." "You never know who is going to end up being right," Shanahan said of the reports. "The worst-case scenario is he wouldn’t be able to play for us right away." Foster is unquestionably talented, but he also comes with medical and off-field questions marks. Trading up to pick him at the back-end of the first round was a high-risk, high-reward gamble.
May 4 - 11:56 AM

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports free agent QB Jay Cutler is "exploring a post-football career in broadcasting."

Cutler's rep said the quarterback is not considering retirement, but his actions suggest otherwise. Garafolo reports Cutler and his reps "have spoken with network executives about football-related TV roles" with the quarterback even auditioning for "at least one network in recent weeks." ESPN's Jeff Dickerson reports that network was FOX. Seemingly unwilling to accept a backup job, Cutler could follow Tony Romo into the broadcast booth this fall.
Source: NFL.com
May 4 - 11:34 AM

Eric Ebron said he was "really banged up" last season.

"I was pretty beat up, man, from the things you might know of, to the things you don't," Ebron said. "I was pretty destroyed." The tight end missed three games with knee and ankle injuries, but it sounds like he was dealing with more than what was on the injury report. Following an offseason of rest, Ebron says he feels "great." The former No. 10 overall pick has improved each season, but he has yet to play more than 14 games. If he can stay healthy, Ebron could be in for a breakout campaign.
Source: MLive.com
May 4 - 10:55 AM




Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days


Video Center

  •  
    Short: Waiver Wire

    Short: Waiver Wire
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Short: Saves & Steals

    Short: Saves & Steals
  •  
    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 1-10

    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 1-10
  •  
    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 11-20

    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 11-20
  •  
    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 21-32

    Norris: NFL Mock, Picks 21-32
  •  
    Norris: Saints Team Needs

    Norris: Saints Team Needs
  •  
    Norris: Bucs Team Needs

    Norris: Bucs Team Needs