Player News

Date: Team: Pos:

Stedman Bailey (head) still wants to return to playing in the NFL.

Bailey was shot multiple times in the head back in November while he was in Florida serving a four-game suspension. Doctors have told him he's unlikely to play again, but Bailey has other thoughts. "When somebody tells me that they don't think I can do something, you know I'll do everything that I can to prove them wrong," Bailey said. "And I will be making a return to the NFL." We like Bailey's ambition, but odds are high he doesn't play another down.
Source: ESPN.com
Feb 9 - 10:57 PM

Panthers signed CB Ras-I Dowling to a reserve/future contract.

It's the first we've heard of the 2011 second-rounder in over a year. Dowling's three appearances for the Raiders in 2014 were his first since 2012. He was out of the league in 2015.
Feb 9 - 7:53 PM

Mario Williams insists he's still the same player.

Williams' play fell off a cliff in 2015, as he notched just five sacks in 909 snaps. He blames Rex Ryan's scheme. Williams acknowledges he could be released, but says he'll be better than ever in 2016. "At the end of the day, if I'm not (in Buffalo), I'll show you that I'm better than what I've been before," Williams said. "Like, that's just a chip on my shoulder regardless of whether I am there or not, because given the opportunity I’ll get back to what I was." Williams turned 31 last month. Before 2015, he had notched at least 10.5 sacks in each of his three seasons in Buffalo. Not a scheme or personality fit with Ryan, Williams is guaranteed to be cut loose. The inevitable move will create $12.9 million in cap space.
Source: ESPN.com
Feb 9 - 5:40 PM

Patriots waived RB Montee Ball.

Ball wasn't believed to be on the roster, but signed a reserve/future contract on Feb. 1. He was arrested on domestic violence charges last Thursday. Largely out of the league last season, the 2013 second-rounder was reportedly overweight on the Patriots' practice squad. It appears Ball's career could already be over. He turns 26 in December.
Feb 9 - 5:31 PM

Raiders released S Nate Allen.

Allen signed a "four-year, $23 million" contract last March, but ended up appearing in only five games for the Silver and Black, making three starts. He missed 11 contests with a knee issue. The move creates $5 million in cap space, and leaves behind no dead money. His $4.9 million salary was set to become guaranteed on Wednesday, forcing the move. Going on 29, Allen hasn't been effective in quite some time.
Feb 9 - 5:07 PM

A "well-placed Browns source" tells ESPN's Adam Schefter Johnny Manziel wasn't drunk on Dec. 30, but was "heavily hung over on something."

"There was something going on there," the source said. Manziel reportedly complained he was having trouble with light, had a headache and was vomiting. "This wasn't some massive cover-up," the source insisted. "What are you going to do? You have to put him in the protocol." The story adds up. It's another brick in the wall of Manziel's departure from Cleveland.
Source: ESPN.com
Feb 9 - 4:59 PM

$2.5 million of LeSean McCoy's $4.8 million salary for 2016 is guaranteed.

The rest of it becomes guaranteed when the new league year begins on March 9. In other words, the Bills would have little financial incentive to move on from McCoy if he ends up getting charged in his assault case. Cutting McCoy now would create a whopping $10.5 million in dead money, and suck up an additional $5.325 million in cap space. Unless there are new, more explosive details yet to be released, we'd fully expect McCoy to keep his roster spot.
Source: ABC Buffalo
Feb 9 - 4:37 PM

NFL.com's Mike Silver says he regrets alleging that the Browns "lied" in his initial report, but stands by his assertion that Johnny Manziel showed up to practice "noticeably drunk" on Dec. 30.

"If the Browns say they did not lie about Manziel's (concussion) diagnosis, I will take them at their word," Silver said. As in, perhaps it's possible the Browns mistook Manziel's drunkenness for a concussion. It's not impossible, but unlikely. The story, while explosive, is largely irrelevant at this point, as Manziel's Browns fate has long been sealed. His NFL future is trending toward "nonexistent."
Feb 9 - 3:30 PM

Colts waived QB Ryan Lindley.

Lindley was signed before Week 17, when the Colts found themselves in truly dire quarterback straits. Going on 27, Lindley has scattered six starts across four NFL seasons. At best, he'll compete for someone's No. 3 job next summer.
Feb 9 - 3:01 PM

Falcons owner Arthur Blank has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, and will undergo surgery.

However, the 73-year-old Blank says his overall prognosis is "good." He opted for surgery after consulting with a "number of expert doctors." Blank has owned the Falcons since 2002. The team is opening a new stadium in 2017.
Feb 9 - 3:00 PM

Free agent K Adam Vinatieri confirms he'll return for a 21st season in 2016.

"Not only a season, but lord willing, a couple of years," Vinatieri said. "There will come a time when it’s over for me. I don’t think that time is yet. I enjoy playing." The Colts have already said they'd like to re-sign Vinatieri, who remains one of the league's best kickers. Vinatieri will undoubtedly require a raise on the $2.5 million he averaged the past two years. Vinatieri turned 43 in December.
Feb 9 - 1:23 PM

NFL Network's Mike Silver said the Browns lied about Johnny Manziel being in the concussion protocol Week 17.

"Johnny Manziel, going into what would have been a start late in the season, showed up drunk at practice on a Wednesday," Silver reported. "The Browns lied and said he was in the concussion protocol." The Browns have already decided to move on from Manziel, but this report could lead to serious discipline for the organization if true. The Browns have denied the report. Manziel is currently under investigation for allegedly beating his ex-girlfriend in January.
Source: NFL Network
Feb 9 - 12:53 PM

Titans released FS Michael Griffin.

The move is not surprising. A first-round pick by the Titans in 2007, Griffin is a two-time Pro Bowler and led the league in interceptions in 2008, but his play has been declining for several seasons. Griffin has been one of the NFL's most overpaid defensive backs for nearly a half-decade. The 31-year-old will struggle to get a long-term deal on the open market. The Titans saved $6.5 million against the cap by releasing Griffin.
Feb 9 - 12:20 PM

Broncos GM John Elway said re-signing impending free agent ILB Danny Trevathan will be a priority.

Denver should retain restricted free agent ILB Brandon Marshall on a one-year tender, but keeping Trevathan around could prove more difficult. The Broncos are about to shell out a huge contract to Von Miller, need to fill a likely hole at quarterback, and want to retain DE Malik Jackson as well. Trevathan recorded 109 tackles and intercepted two passes in 2015.
Feb 9 - 12:15 PM

Broncos GM John Elway said retaining impending free agent DE Malik Jackson is a priority.

Elway said the same about ILB Danny Trevathan, and the Broncos still need to either tag OLB Von Miller or give him a massive extension. With limited cap space and a likely hole at quarterback, it will be tough for Denver to retain every piece of their historic defense. Jackson will be one of the hottest names available if he reaches the open market.
Feb 9 - 12:10 PM



Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days


Video Center

  •  
    Norris on QB Carson Wentz

    Norris on QB Carson Wentz
  •  
    Norris on KSU G Cody Whitehair

    Norris on KSU G Cody Whitehair
  •  
    QB Targets: Wild Card Round

    QB Targets: Wild Card Round
  •  
    DPS: Generational Shift at QB

    DPS: Generational Shift at QB
  •  
    RB Targets: Divisional Round

    RB Targets: Divisional Round
  •  
    WR Targets: Divisional Round

    WR Targets: Divisional Round
  •  
    QB Targets: Divisional Round

    QB Targets: Divisional Round
  •  
    TE Targets: Divisional Round

    TE Targets: Divisional Round