Player Page

Saido Berahino | Forward | #9

Team: Stoke City
Age / DOB:  (23) / 8/4/1993
Ht / Wt:  5'11" / 181

Latest News

Recent News

Saido Berahino and fantasy managers everywhere probably thought his chances of starting were likely to increase with his January move to Stoke City, they haven't so far.
Berahino has certainly come on as a substitute more frequently at Stoke City than he had at West Brom earlier in the season. What hasn't happened yet, despite an entire month at his new club, is Berahino actually getting a start. Maybe he really was as short on fitness as Tony Pulis indicated. Whatever the reason, you'd think that a month at the club would be enough time for him to earn a first start given how much money the Potters paid. Definitely a worrying sign early in his tenure at the Britannia. Mar 3 - 1:30 PM
Source: espnfc.com

Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days


Player News

Date:

Saido Berahino came in for an extended substitute appearance against former club West Bromwich Albion but was peripheral as the Potters fell 1-0 to Albion.

Saido Berahino and his trials and tribulations at West Brom were a huge talking point coming into the match-up between his current and former clubs at the Hawthorns. Berahino had to be content with a place on the bench to start the match but he came on after 56 minutes and failed to make an impression. That he lacks sharpness after the better part of 18 months on the sidelines isn't surprise. The Potters didn't help their new man (or the man he replaced, Peter Crouch) by presenting much in the way of chances. It was a listless performance overall for Mark Hughes' side.
Source: espnfc.com
Feb 4 - 12:22 PM

After another tumultuous week, Saido Berahino has to settle for a spot on the bench vs former club West Bromwich Albion.

After it was revealed that Berahino served a long ban earlier this season for recreational drug use, he has had to settle for a spot on the bench in his return to the Hawthorns. Mark Hughes has said that Berahino is close to ready to play a full match but apparently he's not there yet.
Source: Espnfc.com
Feb 4 - 9:50 AM

Mark Hughes has indicated that he doesn't seeing it being long before the former West Brom man is ready to play the full 90 minutes.

Perhaps taking a verbal jab at former Stoke City boss Tony Pulis, Mark Hughes has gone out of his way to indicate that the newly arrived forward "looks sharp". If you read between the lines it sounds like Berahino is more likely to come in as a substitute in Week 23 but it sounds like it won't be long until he is given a chance to claim the starting role. If you're making a decision for this week I'd recommend waiting to include him in a fantasy line-up.
Jan 31 - 10:56 AM

Stoke City officially announced the signing of West Brom forward Saido Berahino to a five-and-a-half-year contract.

The 23-year-old striker arrives for a £12 million fee that could rise to £15 million in add-on fees in the future. The Potters worked quickly, after news broke Friday that the sides had agreed to a move and Berahino was heading to Stoke for a medical. However, Berahino won't be available for the weekend match against Manchester United. Said chief executive Tony Scholes: "It's no secret that we have been looking to bring Saido to the Club for a long time and to suggest that we are pleased to have finally concluded the deal is an understatement. We've signed a young English striker who has already proven his ability in the Premier League. After a frustrating period he's now desperately keen to reignite his career and we look forward to seeing him do that with us."
Jan 20 - 5:27 PM

West Brom has agreed on a fee for the sale of Saido Berahino to Stoke City and the player is on his way to the Britannia for his medical.

Berahino was once one of the bright up-and-coming players in the league. After having his head turned by transfer opportunities to bigger clubs he fell out with West Brom who have effectively banished him for the better part of a season and a half. If the move to Stoke City is finalized Berahino will have a chance to get his career back on track. It is worth remembering that he has a 14-goal campaign to his credit for a team that was never particularly potent.
Source: espnfc.com
Jan 20 - 1:11 PM

The year has only gotten worse for West Brom's Saido Berahino as the forward was sent back to France for conditioning camp.

The former West Brom prodigy has endured a difficult 2016 that has seen him at odds with the club management and manager Tony Pulis over failed transfers and playing time. The 23-year-old, who hasn't scored for the club since February, spent the international break in the south of France to complete a fitness program, but confirmed he will now return after missing out on making the squad in the last four matches. In a statement released by the club, Berahino apologized to the club and fans and promised to regain his form: "I have had a good, constructive talk with Tony Pulis and the Club’s senior management and we all agree this is the best way forward for me. This last year has been the most difficult of my career and it has left me short of the form and fitness required for the Premier League...I want them to know that I intend to do everything I can to repay that faith while also hopefully winning over those who doubt me."
Mon, Nov 21, 2016 06:46:00 AM

Tony Pulis has once again ruled out Saido Berahino as he looks to get the player back in shape with a personal fitness program.

It isn't clear exactly how Saido Berahino fell out of shape having had the opportunity to participate in a full pre-season as well as being fit through the first two months of the season but this is where we find ourselves. Tony Pulis has publicly indicated that he isn't currently considering the young forward because he has been put on a personal fitness program. This situation just keeps getting odder for a player who seemed to have great potential before he crossed paths with Pulis.
Source: BBC Sport
Fri, Oct 28, 2016 10:53:00 AM

Tony Pulis' battle with Saido Berahino continues as the manager has put the forward on a personal fitness plan.

There is video evidence that Saido Berahino can be an effective Premier League goalscorer but he seems unable to get out of his own way to let it happen. Between social media outbursts over desired transfers and now his fitness, he continues to give Tony Pulis reasons not to play him. Until he gets his act together consider him unlikely to get the chance to rediscover his best.
Source: Espnfc.com
Fri, Oct 21, 2016 05:13:00 PM

West Bromwich Albion did what it does best Sunday, squeeze out a point from a scoreless draw in a 0-0 stalemate with Middlesbrough.

But the Saido Berahino saga continues to unravel with reports suggesting Berahino is now prepared to see out the final year of his contract before sealing a lucrative free transfer next summer. But due to all the rumors surrounding the forward during the final weekend before the transfer deadline, manager Tony Pulis said he benched Berahino to "clear his head". Meanwhile, the Baggies managed 12 shots but couldn't find the back of the net for the first time this season. In other news, Jonny Evans overcame injury to start while new signing Brendan Galloway made his first start since arriving on loan from Everton.
Source: NBC Sports
Sun, Aug 28, 2016 10:34:00 AM

Despite swirling rumors of a transfer out of the Hawthorns, Saido Berahino has been described as "available" for Albion heading into the season opener against Crystal Palace.

Tony Pulis described Berahino as working hard in training but didn't commit to the forward starting the season opener. It seems likely that Berahino will be held out of Albion's initial matches until his future is resolved. It wouldn't do for management to finally decide to sell him only to see the deal undermined by an early-season injury. Berahino has great potential if he's going to be a starter but until September 1, it isn't clear when or where that might happen.
Source: BBC Sport
Fri, Aug 12, 2016 12:28:00 PM

A decision on the future of forward Saido Berahino at West Bromwich Albion is expected to be made in the coming days.

The Baggies have seen their £16 million bid for West Ham forward Diafra Sakho accepted this summer and will now work out personal terms and a medical, but the deal is expected to go through, which could then allow the club to cash in on Berahino with only a year left on his current deal. Crystal Palace and Stoke City have each made a £20 million bid for the 22-year-old. Said assistant manager Dave Kemp: "That side of business is in our hands. So, we'll have to see what happens with that, but he has trained hard pre-season and played hard. We'll have to see which way that goes."
Source: Sky Sports
Wed, Aug 3, 2016 06:32:00 AM

"Sky Sports" report that Stoke City has submitted a £20 million bid for West Bromwich Albion forward Saido Berahino.

The 22-year-old recently rejected a new contract offer from West Brom in favor of leaving the club with only one year left on his current deal. Meanwhile, Watford looks to have dropped out of the race to sign Berahino with manager Walter Mazzarri content with the current squad at Vicarage Road. But the Potters have officially made the first move with Crystal Palace also reportedly weighing up a bid. Berahino has played in both of the club's preseason friendlies this summer, scoring two goals against Kidderminster over the weekend.
Source: Sky Sports
Tue, Jul 19, 2016 12:25:00 PM

Reports around the country claim West Brom is going all out to improve its attacking line this summer with news concerning Saido Berahino and Diafra Sakho.

Amid rumors of a £16 million move to Stoke City this summer, West Brom have offered Berahino a new four-year contract despite a frosty relationship with manager Tony Pulis that resulted in multiple benchings and a spot in the coach's dog house. And due to the down year, Berahino looks to have lost out on a proposed move to Tottenham that nearly went through in the winter. Meanwhile, the Baggies are said to be planning a £15 million for West Ham striker Diafra Sakho, who submitted an official transfer request this week.
Sat, Jul 9, 2016 07:09:00 AM

Southampton are set to join the race for Saido Berahino after selling Sadio Mane to Liverpool.

Berahino is reportedly on the market and Stoke City have been discussed as the top destination for the 22-year-old English player. Southampton will now join the sweepstakes and try to pry the youngster away. He would be a great addition to already signed Nathan Redmond and could play alongside Graziano Pelle.
Source: DailyEcho
Tue, Jun 28, 2016 08:28:00 PM