Player Page

Alan Pardew | Midfielder

Team: Crystal Palace

Latest News

Recent News

Crystal Palace were beaten 2-0 by Sporting Lisbon in the final of the inaugural Cape Town cup, but manager Alan Pardew is pleased with his side’s preparation…
Two second half goals from substitute Freddy Montero – one a free kick, the other the results of a quick breakaway – gave Sporting Lisbon the Cape Town cup. Palace’s pre-season has been good so far and they started brightly, with Jordan Mutch again looking back to his very best. Pardew started with a 4-4-2 formation, Mutch lining up in midfield with new boy Yohan Cabaye, Jason Puncheon and James McArthur. With a front two of Dwight Gayle and Glenn Murray. New signing Alex McCarthy made his debut in goal and was unlucky to deflect Montero’s free-kick into his own net after it rebounded off the post. In the end the difference was two mistakes, but Pardew is satisfied with the progress: ‘It was a good test for the players and played at a high level. I’m delighted in terms of preparation.’ Jul 26 - 4:43 PM
Source: Daily Mail


Player News

Date:

Crystal Palace are ready to spend big again, with German newspaper Bild reporting a £14 million deal for Borussia Dortmund striker Adrian Ramos…

Boss Alan Pardew looks like he has got control of the Crystal Palace cheque-book out again. After missing out on strikers Loic Remy and Charlie Austin, reports from Germany say Pardew has Borussia Dortmund’s Columbian international Adrian Ramos in his sights. Ramos scored just five goals last season, but struggled with injuries in Dortmund’s disappointing season. But if he can show the form that earned him the transfer from Hertha Berlin, where he returned 68 goals in 157 matches, he will be a good addition to Crystal Palace’s frontline. Dortmund will demand a fee in the region of £14m, eclipsing the £10m paid for Yohan Cabaye. But Palace chairman Steve Parish has confirmed there is more in the pot and he is happy to sanction another big money deal this summer.
Source: Metro.co.uk
Jul 25 - 9:59 AM

Crystal Palace Chairman Steve Parish has confirmed a bid for PSG midfielder Johan Cabaye…

It is a deal that has been mooted for some time, with manager Alan Pardew knowing Cabaye well from their days at Newcastle. Several big names have been talked of as potential Palace targets, Chelsea’s Loic Remy and QPR’s Charlie Austin among them. But when money-man Steve Parish goes public we can re-categorize the story from ‘rumor’ to ‘speculation’. Parish told talkSPORT that the move signaled the club’s ambition to become a Top 10 PL club. ‘For us to get in the top 10 in the PL, we have got to make sure we are bringing in top 10 players.’ Parish describes the deal as ‘challenging’ – for which we can probably read ‘expensive’ – but it is a real demonstration of intent. And if they pull it off don’t be surprised if more ‘top 10’ players such as Remy, Austin et al follow suit.
Source: Goal.com
Jul 5 - 6:41 AM

Crystal Palace are reportedly closing in on Benfica winger Ola John at a bargain price after his proposed transfer to PL rivals Swansea fell through last summer…

Palace boss Alan Pardew has met John and confident of securing a deal for the winger who won the league and cup double with Benfica last season. Scoring four goals and providing seven assists in all. That takes the 23-year-old’s medal haul to an impressive eight in his short career so far. He is also now a full Dutch international, having represented his country at every age group level from Under-17 upwards. John has said it is his ‘dream’ to play in the PL and almost signed for Swansea last summer, but the deal fell through at the last moment. Palace look to reap the benefit, but the arrival of another winger will revive talk of last season’s star turn Yannick Bolasie moving on. Bolasie ‘Liked’ a Facebook post linking him with a move to Tottenham at the end of last season and would add £20 million+ to the transfer pot, if Pardew has priorities elsewhere in the team.
Jun 25 - 5:46 AM

The Crystal Palace money-men have put a block on Alan Pardew’s £15 million move for QPR striker Charlie Austin…

Charlie Austin is at the centre of a four-way scramble for his signature between West Ham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Palace. The 25-year-old’s 18 goals for relegated QPR in his first season in the PL attracted plenty of admirers and earned him a call up to the England squad. Where he will ply his trade next season is unclear, but Crystal Palace look to be out of the race with their money men refusing to meet the £15 million transfer fee. Boss Alan Pardew is in the market for a striker and with the pursuit of Chelsea’s Loic Remy going cold, his attention turned to Austin. But with QPR refusing to budge on price it looks a straight fight between West Ham, Newcastle and possible Liverpool.

The fixtures computer has Palace playing three of last season’s top four in the opening five matches…

Palace’s reward for their excellent showing in the PL last season is facing Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham in their opening six matches. But the tough-looking start doesn’t bother assistant boss, Keith Millen. ‘Sometimes it’s good to play the big boys early on in the season. We haven’t been able to get off to a good start in our last two years and if we want to do better than 10th, we’ll have to start well.’ Fans and Fantasy managers shouldn’t be unduly concerned either. The same set of fixtures last season produced 4pts with just four goals conceded. A 1-0 defeat at Chelsea, a 2-1 loss at home to Arsenal, a draw at Tottenham (and clean sheet) and win over City at home (2-1) is not a horror show by any means.
Jun 18 - 8:09 AM

Crystal Palace are preparing a bid to bring Besiktas striker Demba Ba back to the Premier League.

According to reports by Eurosport Turkey, the former West Ham, Newcastle and Chelsea striker could be on his bike again after Besiktas failed to qualify for the Champions League. Of course, Palace won’t offer him that but they can offer the chance to link up with manager Alan Pardew again. Both enjoyed their best spells at Newcastle following Ba’s move from West Ham. Ba hit 29 goals in an 18 month spell, before joining Chelsea in January 2013. After a further 18 months warming the bench at Stamford Bridge, Ba headed to Turkey scoring 18 league goals (28 in all comps). Besiktas finished 3rd, so will play in the Europa League next season which could prompt Demba to get itchy feet once more.
Source: Talksport
Jun 9 - 3:06 PM

John Carver ultimately kept Newcastle up but he wasn't very good during his tenure and that has led to a parting of the ways with the Tyneside club as they prepare to welcome Steve McClaren as their next manager.

Interim managers are always in a difficult position and Carver was in even deeper water as his appointment came on January 26 with only a few days to make any transfers. Throw in Mike Ashley's seeming indifference toward spending on the product on the pitch and it was hard to imagine a scanario where a 65-year-old man who had never managed in the top flight could be successful. He and the club are probably both best served by the break-up with Carver free to find an assistant job where he is most comfortable and Newcastle clearing the decks for Steve McClaren's arrival.
Jun 9 - 1:55 PM

Boss targets Newcastle old boys Johan Cabaye and Loic Remy to ‘push Palace on’.

Loic Remy has joined Johan Cabaye in being linked with a reunion with his former Newcastle boss. Earlier this month Pardew told ESPN that Crystal Palace should be competing in the transfer market with the likes of Aston Villa, Everton and Newcastle in order to ‘push on’. And Cabaye and Remy would certainly be a statement of intent. Cabaye’s career at PSG has stalled and available at around £10. Remy made just nine starts for Chelsea (scoring seven goals) last season, but might think he has shuffled up the pecking order with Drogba retired. Palace have funds available, banking a reported £77 million from their excellent 10th place finish. If the French duo could be persuaded things will be looking up at the Palace.
Jun 7 - 6:38 AM

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is unhappy that his family and friends have been caught up in his job status news.

Pardew is determined to keep his job at Newcastle despite incredible pressure from fans. He is concerned about his family and friends worrying about him and getting involved in the rumors but that's part of the job description for a football manager so he shouldn't be surprised. He also mentioned that he doesn't expect the pressure the stop, and we agree, as we can't see Newcastle improving.
Source: BBC
Wed, Oct 15, 2014 08:45:00 PM

Newcastle fans are once again asking for the team's manager, Alan Pardew, to be sacked.

Newcastle have started the season on a negative note and just got thrashed by Southampton by four goal to nil. Pardew has certainly been below average, but we must also note that Newcastle's squad is a disaster and no manager can fix their defensive line. With that said, Pardew has been on the hot seat for a while now and it wouldn't be surprising to see him sacked soon. We recommend most strikers who play against Newcastle in the near future.
Source: Sky Sports
Sat, Sep 13, 2014 01:16:00 PM

Alan Pardew was back in the stadium for the first time after his suspension but that proved no help to Newcastle, who lost 4-0 on the road to Southampton.

Newcastle looked like they'd given up on the season and simply played horrendous football. They had no energy, no desire, and no chance in this game. Southampton had 11 shots on target to Newcastle's 2 and they led in almost all statistical categories. Newcastle are in a horrible slump and their players should not be considered for fantasy in any matchup.
Source: Sky Sports
Sat, Mar 29, 2014 02:04:00 PM

Alan Pardew has been suspended by the FA for seven matches for his headbutt on David Meyler.

Pardew faces a three match stadium ban followed by a four match touchilne ban. The Newcastle boss is the first manager to receive a stadium ban in the Premier League and he will also face a £60,000 fine. Pardew has accepted his punishment and will not appeal the decision. He can return to the sidelines for Newcastle's last three games of the season. His absence shouldn't have too many consequences for Newcastle as they seem to be headed for a mid-table finish and aren't involved in European or relegation battles.
Source: DailyEcho
Tue, Mar 11, 2014 06:25:00 PM

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew had a scuffle on the touchline during today's match with Hull City, as he could be seen headbutting David Meyler when the Tiger midfielder attempted to collect the ball.

It is too early to know the repercussions of Pardew's actions, but the media are already suggesting it was an action that could cost Pardew his job. The FA have stated they are studying the footage now and will respond in short time. This is not the first row Pardew has had on the touchline as Newcastle manager which will not help his credibility when attempting to appeal any potential suspension or termination.
Source: BBC Sport
Sat, Mar 1, 2014 01:32:00 PM