ESPN's Buster Olney reports that Johnny Cueto has agreed to a contract with the Giants, pending a physical.
ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Giants are "making progress" on an agreement with Johnny Cueto.
According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman, the Giants' offer to Johnny Cueto is greater than $120 million.
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Giants are making a "strong push" for Johnny Cueto.
Bryce Dixon, the agent for free agent right-hander Johnny Cueto, told Peter Gammons that his client "really wanted" to go to the Red Sox.
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports the Dodgers have "joined the fray" on free agent Johnny Cueto.
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports the Dodgers have "touched base" with free agent starters Johnny Cueto, Hisashi Iwakuma, Mike Leake and Kenta Maeda.
CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that, in addition to the Diamondbacks, Johnny Cueto has received interest from the Dodgers, Giants, Red Sox and Cubs, among others.
ESPN's Jerry Crasnick is hearing from clubs in the Johnny Cueto market that the free agent right-hander wants a contract in the $140-160 million range.
MLB.com's Steve Gilbert reports that Johnny Cueto turned down a six-year, $120 million offer from the Diamondbacks.
Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that Johnny Cueto rejected an offer that the club made to him earlier this month.
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Diamondbacks met last week with Johnny Cueto's agent, Bryce Dixon.
According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Diamondbacks have had internal discussions about Johnny Cueto.
Johnny Cueto was superb in Wednesday's 7-1 win over the Mets in Game 2 of the World Series, allowing one run in the complete game victory.