Player Page

Andrei Kirilenko | Forward | #47

Team: Utah Jazz
Age / DOB:  (37) / 2/18/1981
Ht / Wt:  6'9" / 235
College: None
Drafted: 1999 / Rd. 1 (24) / UTA
Contract: view contract details

Latest News

Recent News

Andre Kirilenko has been elected as the president of the Russian Basketball Federation.
Kirilenko will now focus on rebuilding the troubled organization after retiring from the professional basketball in June. "It's really important to spend time on preparation, so that there is the most positive possible atmosphere in the 10 days that are left until the European Championship," Kirilenko said. "We really don't want our players to have any problems with their preparation." Tue, Aug 25, 2015 10:53:00 AM
Source: USA Today

Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days

Player News


Andrei Kirilenko has officially retired from professional basketball.

After previously saying he wasn't officially retired, Kirilenko has decided to hang them up. "I decided to end my career. This is my final decision" Kirilenko said. "Now I would love to change something in Russian basketball." Kirilenko will now reportedly run for the Russian Basketball Federation's presidency after finishing his NBA career with averages of 11.8 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.8 blocks.
Source: Sportando
Tue, Jun 23, 2015 10:34:00 AM

In an interview with Championat, Andrei Kirilenko said that there is a 80 percent chance that he will retire from basketball.

"I think I had a great career," Kirilenko said. "Today I feel that my body is not ready to play a full season. Usually I make all my decisions in the summer. I can say that there are 80 percent chances I’ll retire and 20 percent chances I will heal in the next few months and continue to play." AK-47 has had a brilliant NBA career, but he won't be on the fantasy radar even he does decide to return to the league.
Source: Sportando
Wed, Jun 10, 2015 09:32:00 AM

Andre Kirilenko responded to reports of his retirement and said he hasn't made a decision yet.

While the Kirilenko that fantasy owners came to love essentially disappeared year ago, AK-47 refuted recent retirement reports by saying, "It's a possibility, but not certain." The 34-year-old added that he will give his decision more thought of the summer, but he can be ignored for fantasy purposes even if he decides to play another season.
Tue, Jun 2, 2015 11:56:00 AM

Andrei Kirilenko will retire from professional basketball.

AK-47 had a good run, but all his bouts with back spasms cut his career a little short. He was a first-round value in fantasy hoops about a decade ago thanks to two years in a row with over three blocks per game in 2004-05 and 2005-06. He'll go down as one of the better international players ever.
Mon, Jun 1, 2015 08:39:00 PM

Andrei Kirilenko could choose to retire after his season in Russia concludes.

It’s probably my last season," Kirilenko said. "I’m still thinking about next year, but for this moment, I feel like this is the last season. I don’t know yet. There’s a lot of years in front of me. Change my occupation. I’m not going to be a player anymore. I still think I’m going to be connected to the basketball, somehow."
Source: YouTube
Mon, Mar 23, 2015 10:33:00 AM

Andrei Kirilenko has signed with CSKA Moscow.

Kirilenko will return home for the rest of the season after being waived by the Sixers and it looks like this is the end of his NBA career. "I am glad to be back to my favorite team, where I played in the beginning of my careeer, then in the middle of it," Kirilenko said. "I understand that the time has come to think about quitting as a pro player and in my opinion it is better to do it in my dear club’s uniform."
Source: CSKA Basket
Tue, Feb 24, 2015 09:26:00 AM

Andrei Kirilenko is expected to sign with CSKA Moscow once he clears waivers.

This could be the end of Kirilenko's NBA career and it's hard to blame him for not wanting to play for the lowly 76ers. We will let you know once the deal becomes official, but Kirilenko is well off the fantasy radar now.
Sun, Feb 22, 2015 12:03:00 PM

If Andrei Kirilenko clears waivers, he is reportedly eyeing a return to Europe according to Marc Stein of ESPN.

Teams such as the Clippers, Cavaliers or Heat may come calling, but Kirilenko has had a rough couple of years so a return to Europe makes a lot of sense. We will let you know where he ends up, but he is well off the fantasy radar in most leagues at the moment.
Sat, Feb 21, 2015 11:08:00 PM

76ers waive F Andrei Kirilenko.

He never played for the 76ers and hasn't played in a game since Nov. 13. Kirilenko probably won't get much interest from other teams and his career could be over. Although, maybe the Heat make a run at him. He was already suspended from the team, so the Philly roster remains at 15 players.
Sat, Feb 21, 2015 05:03:00 PM

The 76ers have reportedly suspended Andrei Kirilenko for failing to report to the team.

This is a strange development, and it's looking like the tankers have no intention of waiving Kirilenko any time soon. AK-47 has made it clear he has no intention of suiting up for the 76ers, so GM Sam Hinkie is likely holding onto him with the hopes he can turn him into a trade asset at some point. Kirilenko belongs on the waiver wire in all formats.
Fri, Jan 9, 2015 10:37:00 AM

According to two sources with inside knowledge of the 76ers-Nets negotiations, the 76ers had agreed to release Andrei Kirilenko after the trade was consummated, but did not follow through on the deal.

Kirilenko wanted to become a free agent, and the Nets had other trade partners available, but decided to deal AK-47 to the 76ers so that he could indeed be waived and sign with a team of his choosing. He obviously has no desire to play for the 76ers, and perhaps Hinkie is holding onto him as a potential asset in a future trade. Nonetheless, not going through with a handshake deal could earn Hinkie the reputation of someone that is not to be trusted.
Fri, Jan 9, 2015 09:44:00 AM

Andrei Kirilenko (personal) is still away from the 76ers, and will not play against the Jazz on Saturday.

He is reportedly tending to a family issue, but we won't speculate as to what is really going on. He clearly does not want to play for the lowly 76ers, and it is highly unlikely that he remains with the team past the trade deadline. We will pass along any further updates as needed, but Kirilenko can be ignored in almost all leagues.
Sat, Dec 27, 2014 12:13:00 PM

The 76ers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to the team and prepare to play.

The team is unlikely to keep him past the deadline. Kirilenko has been dealing with a family medical issues since being traded from Brooklyn, but the 76ers feel that it's not too much to ask from Kirilenko because NY isn't far from Philly. Regardless, he has no fantasy value.
Tue, Dec 23, 2014 12:06:00 PM

Andrei Kirilenko is done playing in the NBA for the time being, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.

Kirilenko hadn't played for the Nets since November 14 and his trade to the 76ers doesn't hold much more promise. Kirilenko is likely to be waived by the 76ers and will reportedly take some time away from the NBA. There is a chance he ends up on a team's roster later in the season, but AK-47 can be safely dropped from fantasy rosters.
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 10:55:00 AM

Depth Charts

All Positions
PG1Ricky Rubio
2Dante Exum
3Raul Neto
SG1Donovan Mitchell
2Alec Burks
3Nazareth Mitrou-Long
SF1Joe Ingles
2Thabo Sefolosha
3Royce O'Neale
PF1Derrick Favors
2Jae Crowder
3Jonas Jerebko
4Georges Niang
5Erik McCree
C1Rudy Gobert
2Ekpe Udoh
3Tony Bradley