The Transfer Hub

The Transfer Hub
Andrew Gastelum analyzes the last week in the transfer window and how the latest additions and departures could affect your fantasy team.
read more

Video Center

  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Short: Waiver Wire

    Short: Waiver Wire

Blogs

Twitter

Like us on Facebook! Like us on Facebook!

Premier League Forums

Player News

View Rss Feeds

Huddersfield Town are believed to be on the verge of signing Montpellier forward Steve Mounie.

The Terriers broke their transfer record earlier this week to sign Belgium forward Laurent Depoitre from Porto and now look set to break it again with the arrival of Mounie. The Montpellier academy product scored 14 goals in 35 Ligue 1 appearances during 2016/17 campaign, and is expected to cost the Yorkshire club a fee in the region of £11million, according to The Sun. While Huddersfield have yet to officially announced the signing, Montpellier boss Michel De Zakarian claimed on Monday that the deal is all but done. "Steve Mounie has left. He will have a medical before signing in England," Der Zakarian said. If Mounie does sign then the fee will smash the record £4m Town paid for Depoitre last Friday.
Source: Sky Sports
Jun 26 - 7:38 PM

After seeing their first approach turned down, Huddersfield Town are said to be preparing a second bid for Derby winger Tom Ince.

Huddersfield began their summer with the signing of Belgian striker Laurent Depoitre from FC Porto last week and now face a decide on whether or not step up efforts to add Ince—the son of former England captain Paul Ince. Town saw a £7.2 million bid for 25-year-old rejected by Derby earlier this month, according to Sky Sports, but reports suggest the Premier League newcomers are contemplating matching the £10 million asking price for attacking wideman. Though a deal would see the Terriers break their transfer record for the second time this window following the arrival of Depoitre (£3.5m), it would be a huge capture for David Wagner's side. Ince was Derby's leading scorer and provider last season with 15 goals and eight assists in 50 Championship appearances.
Source: HITC
Jun 26 - 6:44 PM

Former Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri wants midfielder Papy Mendy to join him at French side Nantes this summer.

The Italian took over at Nantes earlier this month after being sacked by the Foxes in February and now wants to bring Mendy back to France, according to French newspaper L'Equipe. Ranieri signed Mendy for Leicester last summer from Nice for £13 million, but an ankle injury on his debut limited him to just four Premier League appearances before undergoing season-ending surgery. While Ranieri is keen on being reunited with Mendy as he looks to strengthen the recently inherited Nantes squad, it remains to be seen whether or not the Foxes are willing to sell the midfielder just a year after his arrival at the King Power Stadium.
Jun 26 - 5:27 PM

Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore has completed a permanent transfer to French side Lyon.

The Burkina Faso international joins Lyon on a five-year contract for a fee of €10 million, with the deal including a 15 per cent sell on clause for Chelsea should the Ligue 1 outfit decide to sell the striker in the future. The 21-year-old joined Chelsea in January 2014 and spent the first 18 months of his Blues career on loan at Vitesse, scoring 17 goals in 48 Eredivisie appearances. Traore returned to Stamford Bridge for the 2015-16 season and made 16 starts, scoring four goals, under Jose Mourinho and caretaker manager Guus Hiddink. But the arrival of Michy Batshuayi saw Traore sent out on loan to Ajax last season, where he turned heads with 13 goals in 39 appearances and shined on the club's run to the Europa League final. Traore becomes the third Chelsea player to leave this summer following the sale of Juan Cuadrado (Juventus) and Christian Atsu (Newcastle).
Jun 26 - 4:13 PM

Crystal Palace are expected to unveil their new manager during a press conference set for 2pm BST on Monday after agreeing a deal over the weekend.

It is understood that Frank de Boer, 47, who has been out of work since he was sacked by Italian side Inter Milan 8 months ago, is set to take charge of the Eagles. De Boer is the only manager in Eredivisie history to win four consecutive titles, doing so in his first four seasons at Ajax, before he stepped down after narrowly missing out on his fifth to PSV Eindhoven. His brother Ronald explained Frank's enthusiasm for the new challenge ahead: "He is very excited, of course. It's the biggest league – everybody knows it, everybody's watching the Premier League. You can do really something if you have the chance, because there is money involved and you can buy players. It's an interesting league to see what you're capable of as a manager."
Source: The Mirror
Jun 26 - 6:57 AM

AFC Bournemouth are leading the chase to sign Chelsea defender Nathan Ake.

Ake spent the first half of 2016-17 on loan, and after a slow start to his spell on the south coast, the 22-year-old flourished under Eddie Howe and it was those performances which prompted Antonio Conte to recall the youngster in January. However, his return to Stamford Bridge didn’t pan out as he had originally hoped, and once again opportunities to feature for the first-team were limited - Ake made just one league start [playing 98 minutes] during the remainder of the campaign. But, it now looks like Bournemouth could be back for a second bite of the cherry, only this time on a permanent basis, for a fee believed to be in the region of £20 million. If Ake does sign then he will join former teammate Asmir Begovic who arrived at the club last month.
Source: The Metro
Jun 26 - 6:22 AM

New Manchester City signing Bernardo Silva has moved quickly to allay fears that he suffered a serious injury during Portugal’s 4-0 win over New Zealand.

Selecção das Quinas cruised into the Confederations Cup semi-final on Saturday but the victory was marred slightly after Silva was forced off at half-time as a precautionary measure. The midfielder landed awkwardly after tapping in his sides second goal of the game, and Fernando Santos was taking no chances, having already secured their place in the knockout phase of the competition. Silva himself later tweeted: "Thanks a lot for all your support messages. Everything is fine with my ankle." Initial reports suggest a mild sprain meaning the 22-year-old should be available to face Chile on Wednesday. Southampton full-back Cedric Soares could also return after he was rested last weekend, but Raphael Guerreiro [ankle] remains a major doubt.
Source: PPP Focus
Jun 26 - 6:06 AM

After reportedly rejecting an £11 million bid from Napoli two days ago, Liverpool are said to be considering an offer from Swansea City for Spanish left-back Alberto Moreno.

The 24-year-old was named in the starting XI at Arsenal on the opening weekend of 2016/17, playing 90 minutes in 4-3 victory, but after his nightmare at the Emirates, Moreno had to wait until October for his one and only other Premier League start. He was canned for his performance which prompted pundit Gary Neville to describe Moreno as "absolute garbage" while former Liverpool legend Graeme Souness was similarly unimpressed adding "he’s having a stinker!" James Milner demonstrated his versatility starting the other 36 matches, scoring seven goals and providing three assists. The bid from Swansea is believed to be in the region of £13 million, although Liverpool want nearer £15 million for the player who is surplus to requirements at Anfield.
Source: The Express
Jun 24 - 2:33 PM
More Player News