The Transfer Hub

The Transfer Hub
Andrew Gastelum analyzes the last week in the transfer window and how the latest additions and departures could affect your fantasy team.
read more

Video Center

  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Short: Waiver Wire

    Short: Waiver Wire
  •  
    Short: Saves & Steals

    Short: Saves & Steals

Blogs

Twitter

Like us on Facebook! Like us on Facebook!

Premier League Forums

Player News

View Rss Feeds

After reportedly rejecting an £11 million bid from Napoli two days ago, Liverpool are said to be considering an offer from Swansea City for Spanish left-back Alberto Moreno.

The 24-year-old was named in the starting XI at Arsenal on the opening weekend of 2016/17, playing 90 minutes in 4-3 victory, but after his nightmare at the Emirates, Moreno had to wait until October for his one and only other Premier League start. He was canned for his performance which prompted pundit Gary Neville to describe Moreno as "absolute garbage" while former Liverpool legend Graeme Souness was similarly unimpressed adding "he’s having a stinker!" James Milner demonstrated his versatility starting the other 36 matches, scoring seven goals and providing three assists. The bid from Swansea is believed to be in the region of £13 million, although Liverpool want nearer £15 million for the player who is surplus to requirements at Anfield.
Source: The Express
Jun 24 - 2:33 PM

Michail Antonio says his recovery from hamstring surgery in April is "going well" and he is on schedule to be ready for the start of the new season.

The West Ham winger is currently enjoying some time away from football after marrying his long-term partner. "Thankfully the injury didn’t put the wedding in doubt," he told Sportsmail. "I’ll be honest, I was close to having to walk up the aisle on crutches." Antonio did take his physio to the stag doo in Las Vegas "but thankfully" he didn’t need to take him on the honeymoon! The 27-year-old was one of several West Ham players to go under the knife last term with a view to being ready for the start of the new campaign. Cheikhou Kouyate [wrist], Mark Noble [hernia], Angelo Ogbonna and Winston Reid [both knee] and Pedro Obiang [ankle] are all expected to rejoin the squad when they reconvene for pre-season in July.
Source: Mail Online
Jun 24 - 2:03 PM

Emre Can is expected to miss the final group game of the 2017 Confederations Cup tomorrow after picking up an injury in training.

The Liverpool midfielder has featured in both matches of the tournament so far, but Joachim Low must wait until Can is fully assessed before making a decision on his involvement on Sunday. "During training, Emre Can has sustained a minor injury," he told reporters. "He bent over on the pitch. His boot got stuck in the grass. We will have to see how he feels because he had to break off training." Germany are gunning for top spot in Group B - they currently sit in second place on goal difference - but Low did confirm he would make "three or four changes" for the clash with Cameroon. First place would see Germany face off against Mexico in the semi-finals, while finishing runners-up will mean the World Cup winners take on Portugal, the European Champions.
Jun 24 - 1:45 PM

Manchester United striker and captain Wayne Rooney has been told he can leave the club this summer, but he is struggling to find a potential destination.

Rooney has been at Old Trafford for 13 years since arriving as a young man from Everton but he has been informed that he can leave the club this transfer window if he wishes even though he has a year to run on his current contract. There has been a lack of genuine interest from potential suitors for Rooney, who is reluctant to go to China or the Middle East with his family. Presumed interest from MLS sides has not materialised, while Rooney's boyhood club Everton have recoiled early interest as the club's upper echelons has signalled their disapproval of such an expensive deal for the declining player. The Red Devils are holding out for a trasnfer fee for Rooney's services and are not keen on a loan deal where they are forced to contribute to Rooney's £300,000 per week salary. The future is in Wayne's hands, stay at United and earn good money, or take a pay cut to fight for regular first team minutes elsewhere.
Jun 23 - 10:15 PM

Southampton have announced that Mauricio Pellegrino has been appointed as their new manager.

Pellegrino, 45, replaces Claude Puel in the post after he was sacked earlier this month after just one season in charge. Pellegrino, a native of Argentina, had been jobless since he resigned as manager of La Liga side Alaves following their Spanish Cup Final defeat to Barcelona in May. Along with their cup run, Pellegrino also led the newly-promoted team to a ninth place finish in La Liga. "My philosophy and the culture of the club will work well," said Pellegrino, who has signed a three year contract. "I want to win matches, be successful and develop a team spirit where everyone gives 100% and supports each other... I am excited and passionate about what the future holds." Southampton Vice Chairman Les Reed explained that Pellegrino was chosen as [Pellegrino] impressed [them] with his depth of knowledge, motivation and ability, communicating this in a professional and passionate way."
Jun 23 - 9:48 PM

Manchester United have announced that midfielder Josh Harrop will leave the club to join Preston North End when his current contract expires.

Harrop, 21, was expected to sign a new contract with the club after an offer was tabled, however he has opted to move to Championship side Preston to get game time and develop as a player instead. Harrop joined United at seven years old but signalled that his lack of game time for the senior side was an issue as he felt he was ready to play for a long time. He made his Premier League debut on the final day of the season against Crystal Palace, scoring the Red Devils' first in a 2-0 win. He rejected United's offer of a new contract and has instead signed a four year contract with Preston. "I need to play first team football to get myself out there. He added: "That wasn't guaranteed at United, even though they offered me a new contract it was very limited in game time and so I couldn't take that risk at my age.
Source: manutd.com
Jun 23 - 9:14 PM

Ronald Koeman is said to keen on adding Burnley striker Andre Gray to the Everton ranks as they plan for life without Belgium international Romelu Lukaku.

Gray features high on Koeman’s wish list while Oumar Niasse could be used as a make weight in any deal with the Clarets keen on bringing the 27-year-old to Turf Moor following his successful six-month loan spell at relegated club Hull City [4-goals + one assist from 12 Premier League starts]. Niasse was signed by Roberto Martinez towards the end of his reign, arriving at Everton in a deal worth around £13.5 million, but one 45-minute run out was all that it took for Koeman to decide the Senegalese striker did not have a future at the club. He was stripped of his shirt number and ordered to train with the Under-23s. However, a move to the KCOM in January provided Niasse with the perfect platform to prove the doubters wrong, and his performances for the Tigers went someway to justifying his hefty price tag while proving he can deliver in the top-flight.
Jun 23 - 4:00 PM

Huddersfield Town are set to battle it out with West Ham United for Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere.

According to bookmakers Skybet, West Ham and Huddersfield Town have been made 3/1 joint favorites to land Wilshere this summer. The 25-year-old spent 2016/17 on with Bournemouth, making 29 Premier League appearances and providing two assists before missing the final month of the season with a hairline fracture in his leg. And with just one year left on his current contract at the Emirates it is believed the Gunners are open to offers for the England international. However, recent reports suggest that Arsenal has yet to receive an enquiry to sign him on loan or permanently in the summer transfer window.
Jun 23 - 3:37 PM
More Player News