Player News - Manchester City

Date: Team: Pos:

Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero said he is not planning on leaving the club anytime soon.

Rumors have swirled over the star forward's future at the club with Gabriel Jesus' rise and the club reportedly interested in a move for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. But Aguero still scored 33 goals in 45 games for the Sky Blues last season to show he is still in prime form. "I still have two years on my contract with Manchester City," Aguero said. "I feel very happy here, so I will fulfil my contract to stay here until the end of my contract. I have not thought about where to play next. I just want to focus on the work here."
Source: Sky Sports
Jun 20 - 2:20 PM

Leicester City have reportedly stolen a march on their Premier League rivals to sign Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho.

Odds were slashed on the 20-year-old becoming Craig Shakespeare's second major signing of the summer window, following quickly on the heels of Harry Maguire, who arrived from Hull City for a fee believed to be in the region of £17 million. Iheanacho had been attracting interest from West Ham and Everton while Crystal Palace were also said to be keen on the £20 million rated youngster. The Nigeria international, who recently scored in a 3-0 friendly win over Togo, plays alongside Leicester players Ahmed Musa and Wilfred Ndidi when representing his country. Iheanacho has been used in the main, as an impact player during his time at the Etihad, scoring 12 times [and contributing 4 assists] from his twelve starts spanning the last two seasons. But with Sergio Aguero committing his future to Manchester City, and the arrival of Brazil star Gabriel Jesus in January, Iheanacho could look elsewhere for regular first team football.
Source: HITC Sport
Jun 18 - 2:57 PM

Manchester City will hope to include Ilkay Gundogan on the club's preseason tour of the United States this summer.

The German international has been out since December after suffering a cruciate injury that required surgery and a six-month layoff, including a minor setback along the way. But Gundogan has returned to light training ahead of the club's upcoming tour, which kicks off on July 21 against Manchester United in Houston as he looks to build upon his impressive debut since arriving from Borussia Dortmund last summer.
Source: Daily Mail
Jun 17 - 1:09 PM

Chile captain Claudio Bravo will miss his country’s first game of the 2017 Confederations Cup because of injury.

The Manchester City goalkeeper is struggling to recover from the calf strain which forced him off against rivals United back in April after suffering a setback. Speaking to Chilean newspaper ‘El Mercurio’, club doctor Eduardo Mauri revealed: "For Bravo to play it depends on how he feels, not on a medical test. For these cases, always the best doctor is the player himself." The 34-year-old could be available to face Germany in Chile's second Group B game four days later. Universidad stopper Jhonny Cristian will win his 17th cap, if selected, against Cameroon, although this would be his first in the Confederations Cup.
Source: beIN Sports
Jun 16 - 5:06 PM

Brazilian star Gabriel Jesus has revealed, that all being well, he will be ready to line-up alongside his Manchester City teammates for the start of pre-season after being cleared of serious injury.

Gabriel caught an accidental elbow in the face from Nicolas Otamendi when Brazil took on Argentina in a friendly match last Friday in Melbourne. The 20-year-old was initially cleared of any major problems before he was then diagnosed with a fractured orbital bone [eye socket] and there were concerns that surgery could rule Gabriel out of the season opener at Brighton. However, a post via his personal Facebook page confirms that Gabriel should be fully recovered by early July: "Yesterday I did a facial resonance, several exams and I have good news! My recovery is going very well and I won't need surgery," he wrote. "In 15 days, I will be reassessed but all signs show that I will be back within three weeks! Thanks a lot, to everyone that sent me messages, who supported me, sent positive vibes and prayed for me."
Jun 15 - 7:56 AM

Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has not received any contract offers this summer as he looks to leave the club.

The England No. 1 returned from his loan at Torino to see Manchester City sign another goalkeeper in Benfica's Ederson, seemingly ending his career at the club. But his current wage package creates problems for other clubs who want a permanent transfer, meaning West Ham could swoop in for a loan. Said Hart: "I would love to give you a poker-straight answer, but I've got nothing at the moment because I think people are focused on international duty...I need an offer first and then I need to work out my options if I have choices. I want to be playing at the highest possible level, pushing myself. It's a short career. I want to push everything out of me. Physically I feel in great condition and I want to go again."
Source: Sky Sports
Jun 12 - 4:43 PM

Further tests confirm Gabriel Jesus’ facial injury is much worse than initially thought.

Brazilian representative Edu revealed last week that he had spoken to doctors and the Manchester City forward was clearly of serious injury: "Jesus is fine," he told the Australian Associated Press. "I spoke to the doctor, he said he is OK. He already did the exam to see if it (his jaw) is broken or not but nothing has happened." However, news 24 hours later suggested Gabriel will now have surgery due to a fractured eye socket. The injury occurred as Fridays friendly international between Brazil and Argentina moved into time added-on. Gabriel collided with City teammate Nicolas Otamendi’s elbow and fractured the orbital bone around his left eye. The 20-year-old will not be a part of the Brazil squad which takes on Australia tomorrow, but there has been no timeline on how long Gabriel will be out of action.
Source: talkSPORT
Jun 12 - 1:22 PM

Gabriel Jesus has been cleared of serious injury after was stretchered off playing for Brazil against Argentina on Friday.

Brazil were taking on their old rivals at a packed-out Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia, and it was La Albiceleste who left with the spoils after eeking out a 1-0 win thanks to Sevilla defender Gabriel Mercado who scored the only goal of the game. However, it was the sight of Gabriel Jesus being carried from the pitch in added on time which was the main talking point. The 20-year-old caught an elbow in the face from club teammate Nicolas Otamendi as they challenged for the ball leaving Gabriel poleaxed on the floor. He was taken to Melbourne Hospital for precautionary tests but thankfully there was no lasting damage: "Jesus is fine," Brazil coordinator Edu told the Australian Associated Press. "I spoke to the doctor, he said he is OK. He already did the exam to see if it (his jaw) is broken but nothing has happened." Edu also confirmed that Gabriel had not fallen unconscious as previously thought, adding "he had just felt very dizzy from the blow."
Source: Daily Mail
Jun 10 - 2:28 AM

Manchester City and Pep Guardiola have shown they are not shy when it comes to spending money on goalkeepers.

The club announced the signing of 23-year-old Benfica goalkeeper Ederson in what is rumored to be a £35 million deal, which comes less than a year after spending £17 million on Claudio Bravo. It looks like the end for Joe Hart and Willy Caballero, and possibly even Bravo with Ederson signing on a six-year contract. Said the Brazilian international: "I like everything about Manchester City. This is a great club, the league they have here in England and they have amazing fans and they play splendid football. I have always had the dream to play in English football and now I'm going to make it true."
Jun 8 - 5:43 PM

Manchester City are willing to sell Fabian Delph this summer and will listen to offers in the region of £12m.

The former Aston Villa midfielder has struggled to nail down a place in the City starting XI since arriving at the Etihad two-years ago. Injuries have restricted Delph to nothing more than a bit part role this season - just two league starts - and with an abundance of talent at his disposal, Pep Guardiola is willing to let the former England international leave as part of a big clear. Tony Pulis is said to be keen on the 27-year-old to fill the void left by captain Darren Fletcher, but West Bromwich Albion face stiff competition from Stoke City and Newcastle United. One potential stumbling block however, would be the players wages, with Delph earning close to £90,000 per week.
Jun 7 - 1:36 PM

Manchester City forward Nolito is not expected to last the summer as a member of the Sky Blues.

The former Celta Vigo star admitted that he would like to leave the club this summer just one year after a £13.8 million move last summer. The Spanish international did not start a Premier League game under Pep Guardiola in 2017 and scored only four goals after a breakout 12-goal season in La Liga the year before. And now, Celta Vigo and Sevilla are among the clubs interested as City is looking for £12 million in return. "I am under the contract, so the club will decide, but I want to leave," Nolito said. "I haven't played in six months. I will do everything possible to make Spain's World Cup squad. I have learnt very little English. It's very hard. Just 'tomorrow', 'good morning', 'good afternoon' and a little more. My daughter's face has changed colour - it looks like she's been living in a cave.
Source: Sky Sports
Jun 7 - 11:05 AM

It may not be a birthday cake, but Yaya Toure got his wish with a new contract at Manchester City.

The Ivorian international signed a new one-year contract at the club after his future was held in limbo over the last few weeks. But the 34-year-old will stay at the club for his eighth year after making 25 appearances this season despite an early-season spat with Pep Guardiola. Said Toure: "I’m delighted. I told myself the journey at City is not done and when I received a call from Txiki and talked to the manager I was very delighted. Of course I want to win trophies, that is very important to me. I want to enjoy it at this age still and remaining here is a massive, massive thing. It is a great club, going in the right direction with new players who are coming in."
Jun 2 - 3:54 AM

Manchester City outcast Eliaquim Mangala has emerged as a target for Premier League new boys Newcastle United.

Rafa Benitez is said to be targeting a new centre-back and the 26-year-old, who has spent the season on-loan at Valencia, seems to fit the bill. The big defender made 47 Premier League starts under Manuel Pellegrini following his arrival from Porto for a reported £31.8m before Pep Guardiola deemed Mangala surplus to requirements at the beginning of 2016/17. United are hoping to force a deal through for £12m but City are pushing for closer to £16m, although the price tag won’t dissuade Newcastle following Mike Ashley’s promise that Benitez can spend all his Championship bounty – a sum believed to be in excess of £100m. Scotland international Grant Hanley is attracting interest from Derby County and Chancel Mbemba appears to be no more than a back-up leaving Jamaal Lascelles and the injury-prone Ciaran Clark as the only other recognised central defenders with Premier League experience.
May 31 - 6:45 PM

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has told ManCityTV that both he and the player "hope" to remain at the club following his impressive return to the fore.

The big Ivorian was cast aside by Pep Guardiola during the opening months of the 2016/17 season, after Toure returned from the summer break overweight. The 34-year-old was forced to train away from the first-team along with Samir Nasri, but after shedding a reported 8 kilograms, Toure forced his way back into Pep’s plans. In his first start of the campaign [mid-November], he scored both goals in a 2-1 win at Selhurst Park, and never looked back. While many expected Toure to leave at the end of his current contract, his performances during the second half of the season may yet convince Guardiola that he deserves at least another year, a sentiment shared by Al Mubarak: "Pep, as you have seen obviously this year, has a lot of trust and confidence in him. So, Yaya I hope will be with us and continue his journey with us."
Source: Goal.com
May 30 - 3:14 PM

The future of Joe Hart remains uncertain after the England international confirmed he would not be returning to Torino following his season-long loan.

There had been a suggestion in the British press that Pep Guardiola was ready to hand the 30-year-old a lifeline after Claudio Bravo failed to convince anyone of his goalkeeping credentials and Willy Caballero was released. However, it now looks like those reports were a little wide of the mark. The Citizens have been heavily linked with a £35m move for Brazilian Ederson who admitted on Sunday that he had "probably" played his last game for Benfica. There are several potential Premier League suitors, his preferred destination, with manager less Crystal Palace reportedly leading the way for Hart's signature. City rivals United have also been linked, but it would only be on the premise that Jose Mourinho had sanctioned David De Gea's departure, something which he vehemently denied earlier this month.
Source: BBC Sport
May 29 - 10:10 AM


Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days


Video Center

  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters
  •  
    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings

    Jesse: MLB Power Rankings
  •  
    Boyer: Hot Hitters

    Boyer: Hot Hitters