Player News

Date:

Bleacher Report's David Kenyan believes Oklahoma State junior QB Mason Rudolph might be a better NFL prospect than Miami's Brad Kaaya.

"The potential frustration with Rudolph is Oklahoma State's offensive philosophy, which focuses on quick-hitting, high-percentage throws," Kenyan wrote. "He'll need to learn a more complex scheme in the pros." The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Rudolph threw for 3,770 yards (62.3% completions) with a 21/9 TD/INT ratio last year as a sophomore. "Rudolph is poised in the pocket and will pass the velocity threshold," Kenyan wrote. "He needs to continue improving accuracy, but that's practically a mandated criticism for college quarterbacks. If [Carson] Wentz was worthy of the No. 2 overall selection, there's little doubt Rudolph can be a first-round pick."
Jun 17 - 4:49 PM

The Oklahoma State Board of Regents approved a two-year contract extension for HC Mike Gundy.

Gundy's extension will run through the 2021 season. In each of those two years on the extension, he will make $4.15 million -- the same amount he was making in the final year (2019) of his previous contract. In his 11 seasons with the Cowboys, Gundy has led the team to a 94-47 record. They opened the 2015 season to the tune of 10-0 before fading down the stretch to finish 10-3.
Jun 17 - 2:32 PM

The Oklahoma State Board of Regents will vote on a potential two-year extension for HC Mike Gundy on Friday.

University spokesperson Gary Shutt confirmed that the vote would take place on a possible two-year extension, but monetary terms have not yet been disclosed. If it passes, it will take effect on July 1 and Gundy's contract would run through 2021. In 11 seasons helming the Cowboys, he holds a 94-47 record. Last season, his squad jumped out to a 10-0 record before "just kind of [running] out of gas" to finish 10-3. Gundy's phrasing.
Jun 16 - 4:02 PM

Oklahoma State senior S Jordan Sterns "has the tenacity to overcome questions about his size," according to ESPN's Brandon Chatmon.

The 6-foot, 205-pound Sterns 103 tackles in 2014 and 108 in 2015. And with that, he became the first Oklahoma State underclassman in 18 years to reach the 100-tackle mark and then the first Cowboy since Keith Burns (1992-1993) to log consecutive 100-plus tackle seasons. OSU's defensive MVP will be up to his old tricks this fall.
Source: ESPN.com
Jun 15 - 7:41 PM

Baylor granted an NLI release to 2016 DT signee D.Q. Osborne, who then committed to Oklahoma State.

Osborne initially signed on with Missouri as a member of the 2013 recruiting class. After taking a redshirt his freshman year, he opted to transfer to Kilgore Junior College. The 6-foot-3, 310-pounder was named a First-Team NJCAA All-American last season on the strength of 61 tackles (17 for loss), six sacks and an interception. He then signed on with Baylor as part of the 2016 cycle, before HC Art Briles was fired. Now free from his Baylor NLI, Osborne plans on enrolling at Oklahoma State on July 6, for the second semester of summer courses. Come the start of the 2016 campaign, he will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Source: Scout.com
Jun 15 - 12:10 PM

Oklahoma State senior TE Blake Jarwin "should impress [the NFL] with his measurables and long-term potential," writes ESPN's Brandon Chatmon.

"His combination of size, speed and ball skills should make him a terrific target for the Cowboys in the fall," Chatmon wrote. The 6-foot-5, 248-pounder should provide a nice underneath complement to James Washington in the passing game this fall. Jarwin was a 2015 First Team All-Big 12 (Coaches) selection.
Source: ESPN.com
Jun 14 - 7:32 PM

Oklahoma State junior WR James Washington's "incredible ball skills and competitive nature should draw looks of intrigue from NFL scouts," writes ESPN's Brandon Chatmon.

Washington "can turn any play into a touchdown with his terrific speed," Chatmon wrote. The 6-foot, 200-pound Washington was a midseason addition to the Biletnikoff Award Watch List last season and ended the year as a Second-Team All-Big 12 selection (the First-Teamers were Biletnikoff Award finalists Corey Coleman and Josh Doctson, so cut him some slack on that). Washington led the nation with four 70-plus yard catches and ranked No. 10 in the FBS with 20.5 yards per catch last year.
Source: ESPN.com
Jun 14 - 5:27 PM

Oklahoma State sophomore DE Trey Carter had three sacks and fell on a fumble in the scrimmage

The Cowboys, who must replace Emmanuel Ogbah and Jimmy Bean, were sure happy to see Carter's breakout performance. It's worth noting that no other player had more than one sack in the game, so Carter will be relied upon heavily for his pass rushing acumen this fall in a pass-happy league. He isn't guaranteed a starting job just yet, but will be a situational rusher if he can't secure one this summer.
Jun 9 - 4:55 PM

College Football 24/7 writer Chase Goodbread ranked Oklahoma State graduate RB Barry J. Sanders as the No. 11 transfer for 2016.

"OSU could use a boost at the position," Goodbread noted. The 5-foot-10, 198-pounder was a four-star recruit out of high school when he joined Stanford in 2013. Christian McCaffrey was part of the next recruiting class and the rest, as they say, is history. Now heading to his father's old stomping grounds, Sanders will look to challenge Chris Carson for starter carries. Carson rushed for 517 yards (3.9 YPC) and four touchdowns last season. For reference's sake, in his three years at Stanford, Sanders averaged a far more impressive 5.8 YPC mark, albeit on 115 carries spread across that space.
Source: NFL.com
May 21 - 7:18 PM

ESPN's Brandon Chatmon wrote that Oklahoma State sophomore WR Jalen McCleskey's "role should expand even more in 2016."

Chatmon believes that McClesky "has the potential to make an impact as a rusher, receiver and returner this fall thanks to his tremendous speed and quickness." The 5-foot-10, 170-pounder earned some love from the coaches following the close of the 2015 campaign and was named winner of the Russell Okung Award, given to the team's most outstanding newcomer. He earned that on the strength of 29 catches for 253 yards and three touchdowns receiving. McCleskey also returned 21 punts for 111 yards and a score. Those 29 catches were good for fourth on the team.
Source: ESPN.com
May 17 - 4:29 PM

Oklahoma State sophomore QB Taylor Cornelius is the frontrunner to back up Mason Rudolph.

The 6-foot-6 walk-on continues to surprise the Cowboys. He was the "star of the spring game," according to ESPN, and has moved ahead of former ESPN 300 recruit John Kolar on the depth chart.
Source: ESPN.com
May 12 - 8:20 PM

Bears signed Oklahoma State CB Kevin Peterson.

Peterson (5'10/181) started all four years for the Cowboys, earning first-team All-Big 12 as a senior. Although Peterson registered solid broad (10'1") and vertical (35 1/2") jumps at the Combine, he managed a 4.66 forty-yard dash. Peterson doesn't run well enough to play on the NFL perimeter, and lacks the strength and tackling consistency to operate in the slot. He was a good college player who's not going to make it in the pros.
May 2 - 11:52 PM

Chiefs selected West Alabama RB/WR Tyreek Hill with the No. 165 overall pick in the 2016 draft.

Standing in at 5-foot-9, 185 pounds, Hill was originally a running back. He got kicked off the team at Oklahoma State after being charged with domestic violence, ending up at Division II West Alabama. He's under-sized in the Tavon Austin mold. He'll start out on special teams in Kansas City if he can crack the 53-man roster.
Apr 30 - 3:21 PM

Browns selected Oklahoma State DE/OLB Emmanuel Ogbah with the No. 32 overall pick in the 2016 draft.

Ogbah (6'4/273) earned 2015 co-Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, setting a school record for quarterback hurries and logging 28 sacks in 36 career starts. Ogbah shredded the Combine, ranking top three among defensive linemen in the forty (4.63), broad jump (10'1"), and vertical (35.5"). Ogbah has go-go-gadget arms (35 1/2") and shows an ability to convert his speed into power, but is too frequently washed out in run defense and shows a limited array of pass-rush moves. Each of the analytics-minded Browns' first two draft picks have checked boxes for both high-level college production and high-level measurables.
Apr 29 - 7:20 PM

An NFL scout who spoke with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel called Oklahoma State edge rusher Emmanuel Ogbah "a pretty darn good total package."

Darn straight. Said the scout of Ogbah, "Prototypical 4-3 defensive end. Got a high ceiling and he’s made of the right stuff. Just starting to figure out how good he can be." Another evaluator who spoke with the Journal Sentinel believes his NFL career could swing one of two ways. "One of those guys with phenomenal height, weight, speed. Tested tremendously well. But he doesn’t play hard all the time, he’s stiff and he’s not naturally instinctive. There’s probably a 65% chance he busts and a 35% chance he’s a double-digit sack guy. Boom or bust type." Ogbah could be drafted as high as the second round.
Apr 29 - 2:05 PM


Highest Searched Players over the last 7 days


Video Center

  •  
    Short: Waiver Wired 6-23

    Short: Waiver Wired 6-23
  •  
    Short: Saves & Steals

    Short: Saves & Steals
  •  
    Short: Buy, Sell or Hold?

    Short: Buy, Sell or Hold?
  •  
    Short: Waiver Wired 6-16

    Short: Waiver Wired 6-16
  •  
    Short: Saves & Steals

    Short: Saves & Steals
  •  
    Short: Waiver Wired 6-9

    Short: Waiver Wired 6-9
  •  
    Short: Buy, Sell or Hold?

    Short: Buy, Sell or Hold?
  •  
    Short: Saves & Steals

    Short: Saves & Steals